Pre-booked Specialty Dining Discount

Cabansail

RCI are offering me a discount if we pre-book three or more dinners. The offer says that they will add the discount to the OBC on day one.

It says "Up to 30% discount" but there is no indication what is the actual discount.

Does anyone know if it's actually 30% or only a small amount unless you book extensively?

RCI are offering me a discount if we pre-book three or more dinners. The offer says that they will add the discount to the OBC on day one.

It says "Up to 30% discount" but there is no indication what is the actual discount.

Does anyone know if it's actually 30% or only a small amount unless you book extensively?

For my upcoming sailing on Anthem it was 20% on three or more reservations in specialty restaurants that will show up as OBC.

20% for 3 restaurants

25% for four

30% for five.

Hmm after reading this I logged into my cruise planner and see that now they've changed it. Now it says book 3, 4, or 5 specialty restaurants and enjoy great saving with one of our specialty dining packages. However I can't see anywhere such a "package" to purchase. Why do they make it so unclear? I hope we can get the 30% off as we have booked 5 specialty restaurants. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm after reading this I logged into my cruise planner and see that now they've changed it. Now it says book 3, 4, or 5 specialty restaurants and enjoy great saving with one of our specialty dining packages. However I can't see anywhere such a "package" to purchase. Why do they make it so unclear? I hope we can get the 30% off as we have booked 5 specialty restaurants. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is the latest offer.

image.jpg1_zpsgfnz0kiq.jpg

Thanks a lot Ken this is good to know.

Obviously a better deal if you are eating at the more expensive restaurants...not so much if you are eating at the cheaper ones. Overall I think that the average person will spend more with this deal than the 30% off deal. Not valid foe Chefs Table, Mystery Dinner or wine pairings.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Here is the latest offer.

image.jpg1_zpsgfnz0kiq.jpg

We received the same offer, but it included another option. If we made reservations (before our cruise) for a specialty restaurant for Day 1 of the cruise, then we would receive a 20% on board credit.

We usually have a lot of OBC and prefer to use that for specialty restaurants. With booking online, your credit card will be charged and any savings goes to more OBC which is non refundable. If you book onboard for the first night there is a discount and the savings are yours to keep.

So it looks like they changed it, but since I can't see pictures posted to CC, here's the text:

"NOW SERVING: MORE DELICIOUS DINING WITH A SIDE OF SAVINGS.

Experience our unique specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase a Specialty Dining Package*. Book your package before you sail, select a time for your dinner and we’ll book your table for the first night in a pre-selected restaurant. On Day 1 you will receive your reservation confirmation and our staff will be at your service to amend or complete your additional dinner reservations. Take advantage of these special savings, the more you dine the more you save!"

So the way I read this is you buy the package, and first night you eat in a specialty restaurant on night 1. It read to me like they select the restaurant? At some point day 1, you also go and select the rest of you bookings. Prices are as listed.

Looks like a good deal for those who eat specialty every night. Not sure it would tempt us as we like the MDR.

• 2 weeks later...

We have Dynamic Dining Choice and had already 5 specialty restaurants booked (meeting the criteria) in Cruise Planner. Got a response that they will adjust the difference between price paid in Cruise planner and package price as OBC.

We made request when packages weren't bookable in Cruise Planner - however there is still stated that all pre-cruise bookings are applicable to package pricing. Now the package is bookable directly in Cruise Planner.

Edited by JezzaC