Getting passports stamped in New Zealand.

We are cruising around New Zealand in December and I was wondering if anyone knows where we could arrange to get some passports stamped?

This will be the first time that my parents in-law have ever left the country and they would like to get their passports stamped to commemorate their losing their international travel virginity :)

No, they don't stamp them (at Immigration getting on or off the ship).

Cheers

Di

Thanks Dizziedi, I am aware they don't stamp them at immigration, that's why I have asked the question. In Noumea you can get your passport stamped at the Tourist information centre at the ferry/cruise terminal. I was hoping there would be somewhere like this where they could get their passports stamped in one of our ports (Bay of Islands, Tauranga, Auckland, Picton, Wellington or Dunedin).

Edited by bigdavefc
mistake

We are cruising around New Zealand in December and I was wondering if anyone knows where we could arrange to get some passports stamped?

This will be the first time that my parents in-law have ever left the country and they would like to get their passports stamped to commemorate their losing their international travel virginity :)

You have got to be a bit careful with passport stamps if its done by immigration/customs officials in the countries you are visiting - no problems. But we have been to a number of ports where individuals offer to stamp your passport for a fee. Unless the stamps are official government stamps you run the risk of voiding your passports - just a thought on this.

You have got to be a bit careful with passport stamps if its done by immigration/customs officials in the countries you are visiting - no problems. But we have been to a number of ports where individuals offer to stamp your passport for a fee. Unless the stamps are official government stamps you run the risk of voiding your passports - just a thought on this.

I agree with that comment. Although a lot of people get this non-official stamps, I wouldn't.:)

As we all had new passports for our trip last month I was hoping for a few stamps (Australia, Vanuatu and New Caledonia) but none. Not even leaving or entering Australia - they just swipe the chip. I wasn't game enough to use the stamp in Noumea at the Info desk due to reading about voiding the passports (I think that info was sent with the passports). It is a shame they don't stamp them for cruises :( We didn't see any immigration staff at any stop, just the ship staff scanning cruise cards.

I have just spoken to the Australian passports office and I have been informed that these stamps do not invalidate your passports. While they wouldn't advise that you fill your passports with "souvenir" stamps it is OK to get them.

I have just spoken to the Australian passports office and I have been informed that these stamps do not invalidate your passports. While they wouldn't advise that you fill your passports with "souvenir" stamps it is OK to get them.

Filling the passport is my problem. My passport is valid until July 2018 and there aren't too many spare pages left. Part of the problem is the countries who require a full clear page for their visa. :( I was pleased when recently an American Immigration Officer looked for a page where there was a corner spare for her stamp. :) Then the next time, the Officer put the stamp in the middle of an empty page. :(

I think the only places that have stamped a passport recently has been Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore & Brunei. Most places don't have them anymore. It was good in the old days as you could look back and remember where you were.

I can understand why some would like their passports stamped but I prefer to keep the pages free so the passport doesn't fill up too quickly.:D