Aft facing Vista Suite

BIN

i am considering switching from a mid ship Grand Suite to an aft facing Vista Suite on the Carnival Pride. the price difference is nearly $1,000 for about 45 less square feet of room. why such a difference is pricing? will there be a lot of vibration from the propellers? :confused:

The premium vista suites(aft wraps) are often the cabins in highest demand because of the large balcony and there are very few of them.

There are benefits to keeping your grand suite though(space, tub, priority check in). Which is cheaper? I'd go with that one.

The premium vista suites(aft wraps) are often the cabins in highest demand because of the large balcony and there are very few of them.

thanks to everyone for your opinions.

There are benefits to keeping your grand suite though(space, tub, priority check in). Which is cheaper? I'd go with that one.

the Grand Suite is a grand more (pun intended) than the Vista Suite and is only about 45 square feet larger. both, the Vista and Grand Suites have priority check in as well as jacuzzi tubs (which the wife will no longer do without). although we both are early risers, 5 am while on vacation is a bit too early.

Edited by BIN

We have had two Vista suites, one on deck 6 and one on deck 5. The deck 5 Vista suites are the least desirable, as they do not have separate rooms. (We knew that when we booked deck 5 - we booked it for the balcony.) The deck 4 Vista suites generally are considered the most desirable, with the best cabin space and the largest (and partially covered) balcony. We never had a problem with vibration. If your choice is to move from a Grand Suite to a deck 5 Vista suite for an additional $1000 I wouldn't do it. If it's another Vista Suite and you really enjoy balconies it might be worth a look.

thanks for the info, Laurie S.

bumpkin, i'd save $1,000 by switching to a Vista suite on deck 5. thanks for your reply as well.

Sorry - I misinterpreted your question. I thought you would be paying more. If you're saving $1000 I'd definitely go for it! It's a very good balcony - much better than than the Grand Suite balcony. We love aft wraps. In fact on one cruise we ended up switching from an aft wrap (not a suite) and adjoining cabin to a Grand Suite because Carnival offered us the price of the adjoining cabin as on-board credit. We had booked the cruise for the cabin, so we ended up saving quite a bit by switching. Edited by nybumpkin

Sorry - I misinterpreted your question. I thought you would be paying more. If you're saving $1000 I'd definitely go for it! It's a very good balcony - much better than than the Grand Suite balcony. We love aft wraps. In fact on one cruise we ended up switching from an aft wrap (not a suite) and adjoining cabin to a Grand Suite because Carnival offered us the price of the adjoining cabin as on-board credit. We had booked the cruise for the cabin, so we ended up saving quite a bit by switching.

not a problem, Kathy. the wife does not step foot on the balconies. she has no interest other than having me drape swimwear and beach towels over deck furniture to dry.

by the way, where are you in upstate NY? we are 17 miles south of the NY/PA border between Elmira and Owego.

Edited by BIN

not a problem, Kathy. the wife does not step foot on the balconies. she has no interest other than having me drape swimwear and beach towels over deck furniture to dry.

by the way, where are you in upstate NY? we are 17 miles south of the NY/PA border between Elmira and Owego.

We're east, about 25 miles south of Albany. Upstate is a pretty large territory!:cool: I know your area fairly well, as DH is originally from Cleveland and our travels west often involved I-88 south to what was then Route 17 and is now I-86. I still call it 17, though