A few Regal questions

graceb59

Leaving tomorrow for a Regal 5 night cruise. It looks like there are not many spots to get shade on the decks. Are there any places outside to lounge in the shade? Also, I know there is one formal night, but does anyone dress up at all for the other nights. Would a long dress be out of place for a non-formal night?

I've been reading these boards for the last few months. What a wealth of information. :)

Leaving tomorrow for a Regal 5 night cruise. It looks like there are not many spots to get shade on the decks. Are there any places outside to lounge in the shade? Also, I know there is one formal night, but does anyone dress up at all for the other nights. Would a long dress be out of place for a non-formal night?

I've been reading these boards for the last few months. What a wealth of information. :)

Yes. I have pictures of shady areas in my Royal review below. The Royal and Regal have the same deck plans.:)

You should be able to find plenty of places to lounge in the shade especially the upper decks. I was on Regal last Christmas, I don't ever stay out in the sun as I burn easily and we always found loungers in the shade. The only area that might be challenging is if you want to be in the Retreat Pool area. It gets crowded and you usually don't get your choice of loungers in the shade (or any loungers at all, sometimes). Basically as long as you don't mind being away from the hot tubs or pools you'll always find shade. Also the area near the MUTS and the sea walk bar has shade it's a nice spot but often popular.

As for a long dress on non-formal nights, I think you might be in the minority but it's a very elegant ship and I don't think anyone would give you a funny look. I personally love to dress up on cruises and I found I was on the more dressy side compared to most other women. I would wear a knee length or above the knee dress, heels, plenty of jewelry, an evening clutch. Just do what feels good to you, all the dining rooms and lounges are elegant and worthy of a fabulous outfit! Have a great cruise. She's a wonderful ship.

Remember that style is never out of place!