Silhouette 12.13.2015

tarheelhokie

A little reading would find shuttles are the best way to get to MIA from Port Everglades. Not sure what else you are seeking...

Cruise line transfers are used, but they are more expensive, and perhaps a little less efficient.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you Bruce. I would never have thought to think shuttles. My questions was more related to whether there were more dependent shuttle company's or if we should just plan to use the Celebrity transportation. Sorry you had to be bothered with my questions.

Edited by tarheelhokie

I can recommend the SAS shuttle. Though we live in Florida (and so drive to the port), we always sail with friends who have to make flights, and they have used SAS 10+ times with absolutely no problems.

Our friends would rather fly into FLL because they can get a nonstop flight out of (CVG) Cincinnati to FLL. They fly in a day early and use SAS to take them to their Miami hotel, then when they disembark the cruise a week (or two) later the shuttle is usually already waiting for them (you give SAS your flight arrangements when making your reservation - and even though they advise you to call them when you disembark, so far each time the shuttle was already waiting).

They do use the "self-disembark" choice when leaving the ship because their flights are usually early (previously have been around 10:45am), so they try and get off the ship as soon as possible.

We will be sailing with them again this December (Celebrity Reflection) and they will be using SAS again to go from FLL to the downtown JW Marriott Marquis in Miami for day before (they'll just use a taxi from Miami hotel to port the next morning), then SAS to FLL airport upon return to Miami port.

The funny thing is, this time when they booked air through Celebrity's ChoiceAir they were able to get a return nonstop flight CVG- FLL at 12:35pm, and thought it would sure be nice not to have to rush through that last breakfast for a change. But now they just got an email that their flight time has changed to 11:20am - so they're back to getting up and out early LOL :D

http://www.ridesas.com/

Edited by SeaHunt

SAS does NOT go to MIA.

Larry's Limo does.

From Port Everglades to MIA, the cruiseline shuttles are often the same price as others.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about their reliability.

If you want to make sure you leave as soon as you are ready, a taxi is usually the best bet, and will cost about $75 for the carload.

SAS does NOT go to MIA.

D'oh! So sorry! I misread as disembarking at Port of Miami to FLL airport, instead of vice versa. And of course the system won't let me remove it now, so everyone please disregard my post above (while I'm busy blushing).:o

Edited by SeaHunt