Embarkation day and room service

aricczona

I am sailing on the Miracle in 2 weeks and have purchased FTTF. Since my cabin should be ready upon boarding I was considering heading directly there and settling in rather than race to Lido to get to the buffet before the crowd hits. I figured it would be nice to just ease into the afternoon with some wine and order lunch through room service instead. Will it be available this early in the day on the first afternoon? We have a balcony and I am looking forward to enjoying as much time as I can before Muster drill relaxing. Any experienced cruisers who have tried this? Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't believe room service is available until later in the day. Everyone is busy helping pass out luggage and cabin orders such as Liquor and other purchases. I know we have gotten room service late in the evening after dinner, but I'm not sure when it began? Maybe after muster?

I had the same thought for our Oct. 10 Miracle cruise, but room service wasn't running yet. However, the lines weren't too bad, since most people were still waiting to get on after we dropped off our carryons! You could totally get a sandwich, pizza, etc. and take that back to the room and eat it on the balcony. We had food within 10 minutes, and that was with two small children and needing to go to several different stations.

Our main problem on embarkation day was that there was nowhere to sit on Lido. It was over 100 degrees, so no one wanted to sit outside, so tables inside were at a premium! Hopefully it won't be quite so hot for your cruise!

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will try to hit the deli and create my own "room service" experience. Plan B was to change into swim trunks from our carry on and hit Serenity. First time on Miracle and looking forward to it. Bummer to hear it was so crowded on Lido. I will just roll with whatever happens and remember, I am on a FUN ship!

I am sailing on the Miracle in 2 weeks and have purchased FTTF. Since my cabin should be ready upon boarding I was considering heading directly there and settling in rather than race to Lido to get to the buffet before the crowd hits. I figured it would be nice to just ease into the afternoon with some wine and order lunch through room service instead. Will it be available this early in the day on the first afternoon? We have a balcony and I am looking forward to enjoying as much time as I can before Muster drill relaxing. Any experienced cruisers who have tried this? Thanks in advance for your help.

We were on very quickly, by about 12:30 or so. We wandered around, had a couple of drinks, then browsed through the buffet. No problems, no lines. Of course, there were more and more people as the afternoon progressed, but no real issues, and we found plenty of time to eat, drink, and relax :) I wouldn't sweat it. With FTTF you should have plenty of time to do whatever,a nd still plenty of time to settle in :)

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will try to hit the deli and create my own "room service" experience. Plan B was to change into swim trunks from our carry on and hit Serenity. First time on Miracle and looking forward to it. Bummer to hear it was so crowded on Lido. I will just roll with whatever happens and remember, I am on a FUN ship!

If they're comfortable enough, wear your swim stuff at embarkation. My kids do this, and it works so well. They'd rather swim than eat anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I will be flying in to Long Beach on embarkation day. Not comfortable in the thought of flying in my swimwear. Although I live in Phoenix, that would just be a bit too casual. I can definitely be out of my cargo shorts and into my swimsuit in less than a minute. So Lido deck deli lunch and Serenity pool/bar will be my afternoon plan. Buying Cheers for the first time on this cruise, so I have to get an early start to make it worthwhile. Again thanks everyone for helping me sort this out.