Bring my Own Spirits?

VacaytimeRR2015

Wow, Oceania is sure different from other lower premium lines as Celebrity and Holland America. I am looking forward to visiting a few vinyards on my Oceania cruise and now I can be comfortable in the knowledge that I can bring a bottle or two on board to enjoy!

Holland and Celebrity are NOTING near premium....they are self inflated average mass market ships.....Oh they use words like "modern Luxury

" but as Don said you are in for a surprise.... Oceania is so much Better , in EVERY respect from passengers demeanor to smooth low key luury.....I classify Oceania in the Luxury level ..... it is vastly better than you have experienced.... It will be different there wont be the nickel dime, lavish shows, throng of rotten kids and manner less jerks /

y

If sailing from an Italian port - someone mentioned Venice - to buy wine or spirits before boarding just go to a supermarket. They sell both in Italy. There are also little shops all over the place in Italian towns that sell both as well... not specific "liquor stores" but selling all sorts of food etc. Also the cost of a bottle of whiskey or gin for example is likely to be less in a supermarket in Italy than in the Duty Free shops before flying to Italy... same thing goes for France (Switzerland too but for some strange reason no cruises start here...) However whiskey etc generally doesn't come in 1l bottles or bigger. I think the size is more like .75l

I picked up a bottle of Oban scotch in Palermo, in a supermarket for 34 euro, less than $40 US. It costs me around $70 in the US. Great deal. We've seen very few duty free shops on our recent ports and even fewer single malt choices.

I picked up a bottle of Oban scotch in Palermo, in a supermarket for 34 euro, less than $40 US. It costs me around $70 in the US. Great deal. We've seen very few duty free shops on our recent ports and even fewer single malt choices.

Ohh...great taste you have, Orv! Oban is one of my favorites. Yes, I'm a single malt girl. ;) I'll probably bring a bottle with me on my January cruise...nothing like a good smoky, peaty single malt to cap the evening.