Liberty of the Seas - 6305 - Ben and Jerry SWEET

mpoole3

Just booked the Liberty of the Seas for September 4, 2016. I landed a PR cabin 6305, which is the Ben and Jerry Sweet. I've seen a video from 5 years ago on youtube, but has anyone had this cabin in the last year or two?

What perks should I expect to see?

I was in it this summer on liberty. There was concierge lounge access and free ice cream coupons. The concierge was going to make me a gold card since my card couldn't access the lounge. His card making machine wasn't working so I never got the card. I'm not sure why he couldn't make the card somewhere else. He did set me up for the bridge tour when I asked. I only went to the lounge the first two nights.

I did hear the infamous door slamming. I had ear plugs so it wasn't an issue to sleep. The room is next to a crew stairway and elevator.

The room is cute. Enjoy!

I was in it this summer on liberty. There was concierge lounge access and free ice cream coupons. The concierge was going to make me a gold card since my card couldn't access the lounge. His card making machine wasn't working so I never got the card. I'm not sure why he couldn't make the card somewhere else. He did set me up for the bridge tour when I asked. I only went to the lounge the first two nights.

I did hear the infamous door slamming. I had ear plugs so it wasn't an issue to sleep. The room is next to a crew stairway and elevator.

The room is cute. Enjoy!

How does the free ice cream work? Do they charge sea pass and then credit off?

It's a punch card on Freedom. It should be good for shakes as well as cones. It's really just a novelty, and if that door is slamming you will loathe it. Don't you have CL access by now anyway. You probably won't get all the suite benefits though.

Edited by John&LaLa

I got 2 coupons per night. It wasn't charged at all to my room but they did want to see my card to make sure I was the one staying in the room. I guess it's not transferable :rolleyes:

2 coupons per night is what I like to hear! Since I'll be in the room solo, maybe I'll get it twice! lol. Thanks for the feedback on the cabin.

It's a punch card on Freedom. It should be good for shakes as well as cones. It's really just a novelty, and if that door is slamming you will loathe it. Don't you have CL access by now anyway. You probably won't get all the suite benefits though.

I'm almost there to D+ at 149 C & A points, so I can use the DL. i will actually hit D+ on this cruise.

I'm almost there to D+ at 149 C & A points, so I can use the DL. i will actually hit D+ on this cruise.

Those solo bonus points add up fast. We just got our first 150% supplement for reaching the 340 point level. Price dropped around 30%. :D

We were in that cabin 3 weeks ago. There were no coupons or anything for the room when we entered. We did not get anything until the next day. We had the room steward work everything though. We had to get a second set of keys from Guest Services to get access to the lounge. Once inside the lounge, we got our coupons from the concierge.

We were in that cabin 3 weeks ago. There were no coupons or anything for the room when we entered. We did not get anything until the next day. We had the room steward work everything though. We had to get a second set of keys from Guest Services to get access to the lounge. Once inside the lounge, we got our coupons from the concierge.

Did you get a gold card when you got your key from GS?

Those solo bonus points add up fast. We just got our first 150% supplement for reaching the 340 point level. Price dropped around 30%. :D

I have to agree with this one 100%! :p

I am in a b2b solo cabin on the Indy in just over a week and saved a nice amount of cash by only paying the supplement of 150% vs 200% :D

I have to agree with this one 100%! :p

I am in a b2b solo cabin on the Indy in just over a week and saved a nice amount of cash by only paying the supplement of 150% vs 200% :D

Did you have any existing bookings that you repriced after hitting 340 points?

Did you have any existing bookings that you repriced after hitting 340 points?

I actually hit 340 quite a long time ago, but this is the first time I am sailing solo in a cabin :) I am sailing solo in a cabin again on the AOS in February - got a spectacular deal :)

I actually hit 340 quite a long time ago, but this is the first time I am sailing solo in a cabin :) I am sailing solo in a cabin again on the AOS in February - got a spectacular deal :)

Wow, you have a lot of completed cruises! I thought my low 149 C&A points was good! lol. I suppose I'll reach 340, one day... would help out a lot on paying 200%.

Wow, you have a lot of completed cruises! I thought my low 149 C&A points was good! lol. I suppose I'll reach 340, one day... would help out a lot on paying 200%.

I do have a lot of completed cruises, and I only started cruising in 2005. I was able to rack up the points by staying exclusively in suites from the very first cruise. Now that I have reached the number of points I have, I am happy to stay in anything as long as I am on a ship :D

I like to see the ocean, but if I were to book an inside this would have to be it. I've heard so many people talk about this cabin. Have fun, and let us all know how it goes. Kind of surprised their are so many people reporting inconsistencies in the handling of it after so many years of these ships sailing with people receiving these perks each week.

It is so frustrating trying to get information about this cabin. I have called RC three times today inquiring about the extra benefits of the B&J Sweet 6305 on the Liberty.

Here is what I was told:

C&A rep - 1 ice cream coupon per guest one time, no concierge access

Regular rep #1 - Is a regular PR cabin, no obstruction, regular decor

Regular rep #2 - 1 ice cream coupon per guest per day, no concierge access

The last guy was nice enough to ask his manager who didn't seem to have a clue either. You would think that it would have information on their computer when they put in the cabin number. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic!!!

It is so frustrating trying to get information about this cabin. I have called RC three times today inquiring about the extra benefits of the B&J Sweet 6305 on the Liberty.

Here is what I was told:

The last guy was nice enough to ask his manager who didn't seem to have a clue either. You would think that it would have information on their computer when they put in the cabin number. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic!!!

I once booked the cabin on board, (had to change sailing date) but the on board booking person thought I was crazy when I talked about this cabin. He knew nothing about it, and kept telling me they were all the same.

Here is what I was told:

It's really quite simple, you get one ice cream per day per person, you get access to the concierge lounge. You get a slightly blocked view and a quirky decor. Your suite benefits are really quite limited, but it varies by ship and the mood of the concierge. And you may get a very noisy cabin.

I'm not surprised not everyone knows about it, it is a very unique situation. Only three in the entire fleet, just relax and enjoy some Chunky Monkee

YMMV

Edited by John&LaLa

It's really quite simple, you get one ice cream per day per person, you get access to the concierge lounge. You get a slightly blocked view and a quirky decor. Your suite benefits are really quite limited, but it varies by ship and the mood of the concierge. And you may get a very noisy cabin.

I'm not surprised not everyone knows about it, it is a very unique situation. Only three in the entire fleet, just relax and enjoy some Chunky Monkee

YMMV

The slamming door is reason enough to forgo the Chunky Monkey :rolleyes: