What is withing walking distance of Hyatt Pier 66?

ckrobyn

We will be staying here before our Indy cruise in just over a week. Wondering if there is a Walgreens or similar nearby?

How far is Saw Grass Mills?

Thanks!

Walk over the 17th Street bridge (right as you exit the hotel property) and there is a Walgreens just passed Eisenhower Avenue on the south side (.7 mile walk according to Mapquest). Also on that side of the bridge there are plenty of shops (strip malls) and restaurants.

Sawgrass Mills is almost 18 miles away and not easily accessible by public transportation. You will need a cab/Uber and it will be pricey roundtrip. If you want a nice, convenient mall you can take the Sun Trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) to the Galleria Mall - it's a lovely ride along the beach.

Edited by capriccio

It's about a 40 minute drive away.

Thanks for the heads up - that would be a pricey taxi ride for sure.

I see you live in Fort Lauderdale - can you recommend any restaurants near the Hyatt that are reasonably priced and great tasting?

Following this post as we are looking to book the Hilton at the marina, which doesn't look far off.

The Hilton Marina is on the opposite side of the bridge. Pier 66's own restaurant is really good and I like the 15th St. Fisheries. Short cab ride across the bridge, (from Hyatt 66), same end as Hilton Marina, down a deadend street to the waterway. Also accessible by water taxi.

Thanks for the heads up - that would be a pricey taxi ride for sure.

I see you live in Fort Lauderdale - can you recommend any restaurants near the Hyatt that are reasonably priced and great tasting?

Lots of great restaurants in the area.

Duffys, Firehouse Subs, Einstein bagels, PDQ, etc.

Talk to the Bobby at the Bellhop desk, he will help you with anything you need.

Below is a service that drove us to a Everglades tour and on the way back he dropped us off at the Sawgrass Mall. Give him a call, he could also help you or direct you to someone who could get you to where you would like to go.

We also used the taxis that were there to take us to the Galleria Mall, which has Publix and tons of restaurants as well

https://www.flickr.com/x/t/0095009/gp/135891204@N05/X13a8k

I like the 15th St. Fisheries.

What is this restaurant like?

Could we go there for lunch after disembarking?

(We have a mid-afternoon flight and don't want to spend our time at the FLL airport. We will be schlepping our carry-on luggage so I'm wondering if that would that be a problem in this place.)

What is this restaurant like?

Could we go there for lunch after disembarking?

(We have a mid-afternoon flight and don't want to spend our time at the FLL airport. We will be schlepping our carry-on luggage so I'm wondering if that would that be a problem in this place.)

I like it. We've been there several times. The upstairs is a little more upscale and a different menu. But we prefer the downstairs part of the restaurant and bar. You can sit inside or out. Touristy, but we have met many locals there. The deep fried lobster is terrific ! Great water views on the waterway and is on the Water Taxi route. Don't see any problem with carryon luggage. 10 minutes to the airport. They have valet parking and can get you a cab quickly. Enjoy. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob