He found out 🤐

judymag

Told my dads friend that all going well my self and my siblings were surprising him with a cruise next May but we weren't going to tell him till feburary boy am I sorry the stupid fool only went and rang my dad he's trilled but I'm so disappointed that his friend ruined a great surprise I only hope that my job allows me to take leave that's why I hadn't told him

Sorry this happened, but just need to observe that if you have a secret , you cannot tell it. By definition it is no longer a secret if you do. Life lesson # 546!

"The old fool"( a little harsh?) was just super excited for his friend I bet.

I have a secret cruise planned for my family on HOTS for March 2017...Booked it this past June...and my lips are sealed...I will tell no one;)

I haven't told my wife that I booked a cruise on Liberty out of Galveston for January 2017. It's going to be pretty hard to keep that a secret for a year.

I promise I won't tell anyone. Mum's the word. ;)

Since the secret is out look at the positive, your dad will have lots of fun with the anticipation that comes with knowing you're cruising. :)

True and we've another surprise up our sleeves a week in nyc and a surprise birthday party for him and a few friends who left Ireland when they were younger but they all stayed in touch and dad has visited them regularly my self and 3 of there kids are organising it when I say kids I'm the youngest at 40

A few years ago I booked an Owner's Suite and didn't tell a soul until we were walking to the room. It was AWESOME!!! I had to keep my secret for almost a year! :D

Nice job. I could never keep that secret. While I do all the booking, DW is always jumping into our reservation for details.

I planned a trip to Paris for my wife this past summer. I can't even imagine if someone broke that surprise instead of me. Sorry you had that happen.

But IMHO smaller surprises planned for the cruise may create the most memorable experiences. We've been on a couple of cruises now, but my wife always remembers I surprised her by wearing a tux to formal night one time.

True and we've another surprise up our sleeves a week in nyc and a surprise birthday party for him and a few friends who left Ireland when they were younger but they all stayed in touch and dad has visited them regularly my self and 3 of there kids are organising it when I say kids I'm the youngest at 40

Don't tell a soul! Last year, my siblings and I were planning on all going home (none of us live closer than 3 hours from our parents) for our dad's 75th birthday and surprise him by all showing up with the grandkids. Well, my sis is on the phone with our mom, and tells her we want to come and surprise dad and ask about the weekend we are planning. Mom (I kid you not) turns around and yells to my dad "The kids want to come for your birthday, are we free ?? weekend?" Thanks Mom for understanding the meaning of the word surprise! Needless to say, I don't share any secrets with her anymore!:eek:

Edited by newbiecruiser09

I planned a trip to Paris for my wife this past summer. I can't even imagine if someone broke that surprise instead of me. Sorry you had that happen.

But IMHO smaller surprises planned for the cruise may create the most memorable experiences. We've been on a couple of cruises now, but my wife always remembers I surprised her by wearing a tux to formal night one time.

For our 10th anniversary, the Mrs. didn't know we were going to Paris until we got to the gate for our international flight. That's keeping a secret. She also didn't know the other stops on the trip until travel was underway to those destinations. :D

Told my dads friend that all going well my self and my siblings were surprising him with a cruise next May but we weren't going to tell him till feburary boy am I sorry the stupid fool only went and rang my dad he's trilled but I'm so disappointed that his friend ruined a great surprise I only hope that my job allows me to take leave that's why I hadn't told him

Ní scéal rúin é más fios do thriúr é.

Fecking eejit of an oul fella is all you can say, while casting your eyes to heaven. While it's a shame the surprise is ruined, you can include your dad on some of the planning now - does he need a new pair of white socks to wear under his sandals? ;)

Your dad probably could tell from the timbre of your friend's voice that you had a secret cruise planned. Don't blame your dad's friend, it isn't his fault. Blame your dad for just being that sexy.