don't open the chocolates picture

SeaBands

I agree, I got a notification from my active anti-malware it has blocked a malicious connection when I opened the thread. I have run a quick investigation and it redirected to frontiernet.net, which is a safe site itself, but has a few exploits (lots of sites have, tbh) which can be used for malicious things.

I have already sent an email to frontiernet to investigate this.

I agree, I got a notification from my active anti-malware it has blocked a malicious connection when I opened the thread. I have run a quick investigation and it redirected to frontiernet.net, which is a safe site itself, but has a few exploits (lots of sites have, tbh) which can be used for malicious things.

I have already sent an email to frontiernet to investigate this.

Check your local hosts file.

My hostfiles have not been altered (I just checked it to be sure) and I run both an AV & Malware scan twice a week.

Can you post the log file from your malware scanner? It might help with trouble shooting.

I think there is malware attached. I was directed to another site.

I think it's possible that you have an adware redirect plugin in your browser that is not being found by your malware checker. To check, try a different browser (like Chrome, or if you're using Chrome already, try Firefox). If you get the same result, then the problem is either on your computer or with your ISP. If you have another device, like a phone or an iPad, try that. If you get the same result, it's your ISP. If it works fine on the other device, it's your computer.

If it's your computer or your browser, I'd suggest downloading and running the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware; it seems to find things that other malware scanners don't. I don't use it as my main scanner; I just run it occasionally as a belt-and-suspenders kind of thing.