Ramada Newark

Jiffymom

Any opinions? I heard it very isolated near a prison. Really ????

This is actually a good location in Newark. The prison has security. The hotel very difficult to get to on foot, so no random people floating around. The hotel has gated parking and 7x 24 attendants. People come and go all night. It's actually in a quieter area on the north side of the airport and is a full service hotel. The Doubletree is next door.

I'm not keen on the hotels on the west side of the airport along routes 1& 9 because of the truck traffic and the easier access by random people. I've stayed at both hotel properties when they were a Holiday Inn and a Sheraton.

Thanks,how about restaurants near by. I did call and they don't offer airport shuttle or train shuttle .

I am waiting to see what Trinity reservation offers for Oct 2016

After the cruise we will go to Robert Treat Best Western.

Truthfully I rather stayntherebpriorbto cruise. But the transportation to the ship seems pricey for four of us

Thanks,how about restaurants near by. I did call and they don't offer airport shuttle or train shuttle .

I am waiting to see what Trinity reservation offers for Oct 2016

After the cruise we will go to Robert Treat Best Western.

Truthfully I rather stayntherebpriorbto cruise. But the transportation to the ship seems pricey for four of us

I'm sure the hotel offers a shuttle because they'd be out of business if they didn't. It's hard to believe someone who works there would tell you no airport shuttle. I'm seeing the hotel being offered in Oct 2016 on Trinity - $202 tax included for the random date I looked at.

Hotel has a cafe, a restaurant, and a popular sports bar. The Doubketree next door is also full service.

Interesting. I just called again..... they have a shuttle from the airport. But not from the train station.

She said it was approximately 25.00 cab fare from the train station near airport also 25.00 from Penn station. So saying that I think I rather arrive at Penn.

Interesting. I just called again..... they have a shuttle from the airport. But not from the train station.

She said it was approximately 25.00 cab fare from the train station near airport also 25.00 from Penn station. So saying that I think I rather arrive at Penn.

There are no taxis or any other form of ground transportation available from the Newark Airport train station. It is strictly a connecting point between Amtrak/NJ Transit trains and the AirTrain monorail that provides service to and within the airport.

The hotel shuttles to and from the airport pick up and discharge passengers at the P4 AirTrain station. The cheapest way for you to get from Amtrak or NJ Transit to yoir hotel ids to take the train to the Newark Airport station and then transfer to the AirTrain monorail, taking it one stop to P4 and then taking your hotel's shuttle from P4 to the hotel. Your railroad ticket to Newark Airport will be substantially more expensive than if you use Newark Penn Station, but you won't have to pay a $25 taxi fare.

Ugh! Bad info. There is no cab service at all from Newark Airport station. You MUST take the Airtrain to get to P4 for the hotel shuttle or to one of the terminals to get a cab.

Bottom line - if you want to take the Airtrain to P4 and the free hotel shuttle, get off at Newark airport Station. If you want to easily take a cab, get off at Newark Penn Station.

Got it ... Thanks again.

So it will be Boston to Newark Penn. taxi to Ramada.

Shuttle to cruise. After cruise shuttle to Ramada but won't check in.

Instead I will take a taxi and check into Robert Treat Best western for three nights.

That seems a close walk or shuttle to Path.

thanks for all your help

This is actually a good location in Newark. The prison has security. The hotel very difficult to get to on foot, so no random people floating around. The hotel has gated parking and 7x 24 attendants. People come and go all night. It's actually in a quieter area on the north side of the airport and is a full service hotel. The Doubletree is next door.

I'm not keen on the hotels on the west side of the airport along routes 1& 9 because of the truck traffic and the easier access by random people. I've stayed at both hotel properties when they were a Holiday Inn and a Sheraton.

Hello,

I have stayed at this hotel as well. I actually could see prisoners from my room. And they are in a secure area. The only reason I do not stay here anymore is because the tub did not drain properly, but that was several years ago. I stay elsewhere now.

Good Luck,

Marie

We stayed at the Robert Treat Best Western in September and liked it. They have free transportation to/from the airport and train station.

The on-property restaurant was very good. The room was fine. It's a historic hotel. If you book there, don't forget to go to the roof terrace at night. Great view.

The front desk can order you a taxi to the port for a reasonable fare. Ask them to order a four passenger taxi van for the same price. We would book there again.

Edited by ChucktownSteve