Escape, UBP and free-flowing specialty cocktails

reporterjen

I'm sailing on NCL Escape on Dec. 5 (obviously, my first time on the ship since it just launched).

It's also my first time with the ultimate beverage package. I have searched the board for a definitive answer to this question but haven't found it yet.

The terms and conditions indicate that cocktails are not included or that cocktails over $15 are not included. The relevant line:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15."

Really, NCL should have gone with some semicolons here. Assuming that the last clause is grouped together -- "spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15" -- cocktails are covered as long as they're under that $15 threshold. But the question really is if that "over $15" part of the phrase refers to everything in that clause.

I *think* it does.

And this thread from March certainly suggests it is the case:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189922

Even if it isn't, it looks like I'll have plenty to enjoy in The District, where I am pretty impressed by the beer selection. But I got last-minute doubts about cocktails when I reread the terms. If anyone wants to indulge me and offer some reassurance, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jen.

We had the UBP in January. At that time I believe it was anything $11 and under. Can't buy buckets of beer, can't get water bottles, or a bottle of wine. Other than that, I got anything I wanted up to $11. If you were to order a super premium top-shelf cocktail that was more than $15 now, I believe you pay the difference. At least from what I've read on other posts. We will be on that Dec. 5 cruise also!

Thank you!

I found a promotional description from NCL saying "enjoy unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass." So even if the punctuation in the terms and conditions confounded me, the promotional copy seems to verify that cocktails are included as long as they are under $15 a pop.

I started getting nervous about the beverage package after trying to figure out how to mesh the UDP (and the NCL copy saying Cagney's and French restaurants are included but restaurants with a la carte pricing are not) with the new a la carte pricing that exists in Cagney's and Le Bistro, among other specialty restaurants. I know this is well covered in the boards (though I haven't found an answer yet); I just need to read more.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to being on a new ship. I was on Gem early in its life too.

Thank you!

I found a promotional description from NCL saying "enjoy unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass." So even if the punctuation in the terms and conditions confounded me, the promotional copy seems to verify that cocktails are included as long as they are under $15 a pop.

I started getting nervous about the beverage package after trying to figure out how to mesh the UDP (and the NCL copy saying Cagney's and French restaurants are included but restaurants with a la carte pricing are not) with the new a la carte pricing that exists in Cagney's and Le Bistro, among other specialty restaurants. I know this is well covered in the boards (though I haven't found an answer yet); I just need to read more.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to being on a new ship. I was on Gem early in its life too.

It IS more confusing than it actually is, in regards to the UBP. Only the super premium alcohol and of course buckets of beer, bottles of wine and bottled water are not included. Oh and the wine dispensers aren't either but there should be signs on them saying they are not included as well. I think the only thing s that tend to go over the limit besides that are expensive whiskeys and wines, but you just pay the difference. I am not usually too picky and options like grey goose are good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Y'know, in all this time I've been reading everything about the UBP, I thought soft drinks were not included. I try not to drink them, but when you don't want alcohol (hey, it happens!), iced tea gets old fast. Glad to know a ginger ale or club soda can be had as part of UBP.

I need to learn to read better.

--Michael

Now this is the most helpful print out I have ever had for a cruise! Just discovered the BBC on my last cruise - looking forward to trying a few new ones listed here!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Same here. Thanks! Will be very useful with the UBP!