Anyone use Sun Trolley in Fort Lauderdale from the airport? or in general?

rene194215

So I have a later flight and was looking for things to do in FLL. I found this Sun Trolley which has like 8 different loops, most of which are free and there is one that starts at the airport. I thought I can drop my luggage at the airport and try this trolley. Has anyone ever used it? Pros cons? Am I safe for like 3 hours on it?

Thanks in advance!!

So I have a later flight and was looking for things to do in FLL. I found this Sun Trolley which has like 8 different loops, most of which are free and there is one that starts at the airport. I thought I can drop my luggage at the airport and try this trolley. Has anyone ever used it? Pros cons? Am I safe for like 3 hours on it?

Thanks in advance!!

I haven't used it but they have a good reputation and you see the trolleys all around town. You can store your luggage at http://www.bagstogo.net in each airport terminal -- most airlines won't let you check it earlier than 3 (or sometimes 4) hours before departure. The Airport Link (weekends only airport to/from Las Olas Blvd) is free; once you are in town you would probably want the Las Olas/Beach Link that costs $1/ride or $3/day pass and/or the free Water Trolley that crosses back and forth over the New River. You can't beat the price! The only guidance I have heard is allow enough time to catch the return trolley since they don't always keep to the exact schedule (you just wave them down as they pass you). According to their website (http://www.suntrolley.com) they have a tracker app which would probably be a good idea. Enjoy your day in Fort Lauderdale!

Edited by capriccio

Are you flying on the weekend? I think they have either limited service or don't run at all on the weekends.

I have a four mile loop I run at least four times a week down Las Olas and back and I just don't see the Trolley that often.

Can you splurge for the water taxi? You see so much more of Fort Lauderdale.