No mozzerella sticks or chicken fingers???

MotherofTrips

Poutine?

POUTINE!!!

*does happy dance*

bring it.

it is truly great. order a breakfast. order poutine. add bacon to poutine.

Winning!

Wait!? Poutine is a breakfast food? What kind of gravy, like turkey or something?

Wait!? Poutine is a breakfast food? What kind of gravy, like turkey or something?

Breakfast poutine is "officially" a breakfast item only since the past couple of years.

Now even the upscale breakfast restaurants offer their own version of it.

The fries are replaced by potato wedge, gravy is hollandaise sauce, the cheese can be some grated cheddar and topped with a poached egg or a fried egg. Many will offer some bacon crumbles in there !!!!

Delicious I tell you !

OK now I am hungry for a poutine :D:eek:

Only if you instantly want to vomit all over. :p I had poutine once and only once. Blechy!! Who ruins fries with gravy?

What ? :eek:

It's a classic here....after a night out with lots of booze you have to settle your stomach with something heavy that will instantly put you in a coma...not vomit ;):eek:

Of course there are some cheap gravy, but again you can find some delicious ones. Red wine gravy with filet minion , mushrooms and blue cheese is really good and "compliments" the french fries ;)

Bon appetit !

It's a classic here....after a night out with lots of booze you have to settle your stomach with something heavy that will instantly put you in a coma...not vomit ;):eek:

Of course there are some cheap gravy, but again you can find some delicious ones. Red wine gravy with filet minion , mushrooms and blue cheese is really good and "compliments" the french fries ;)

Bon appetit !

When visiting a friend in Edmonton she forced it on me. I still suffer PTSD.

I should admit that I can't stand gravy on anything, including meats, potatoes, biscuits, etc. Gravy is evil. BUT, when it's good, solid human food like French fries, why waste them with gravy? Try a little ketchup, ya'll.

Bon appetit !

Fries with gravy is VERY common here is Pittsburgh....along with fries on our chicken and steak salads. Regional preferences - I know - but still yummy! ;):D

Poutine: very very very happy. Hopefully not gourmet poutine, but good junk food poutine. (Favorite poutine ever was at a drive in move in Ontario). (Worst poutine ever was the teeny tiny cup of poutine we paid $7.00 for at our own state fair).

All you ketchup people would also have gagged at the cone of french fries served with mayonaise (lots and lots of mayonaise) in Amsterdam. And french fries with melted cheese and bacon is becoming a staple at bars in these parts. Because, you know, bacon. My poor husband who orders ketchup to put on his ketchup admits loaded fries are better than plain fries and loaded fries do NOT need ketchup.

Oh, and the pictures of the black pudding reminded me of something. No, not what you are thinking (because admit it, black pudding reminds almost everybody of that). No, what it reminded me of is how breakfast changed between different sailings.

Maybe things have changed and they have standardized the menus across the fleet, but I noticed English breakfast options (you know..Van de Kamp style beans, the "sausage" that is not ... you know.... sausage) was everywhere on our European sailing and nowhere or much harder to find (as in I never saw it) on our Caribbean sailings. Just like American Coffee was the only option in the Caribbean and something that had to be ordered specially in Europe.

Again, it might be all fleet-wide by now, but if not, might be easier to find your black pudding on some sailings than others.

Fries with gravy is VERY common here is Pittsburgh....along with fries on our chicken and steak salads. Regional preferences - I know - but still yummy! ;):D

Nothing better than gravy on fries, but when you put cheese on...no no no.

FitchburgWIFamily, my mom always ate her fries with mayo...she was from Nebraska. Also, had a friend who put tarter sauce on her fries.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Only if you instantly want to vomit all over. :p I had poutine once and only once. Blechy!! Who ruins fries with gravy?

Not sure if you are aware but fries with gravy are on almost any sub shop/pizza shop menu. People eat mash potatoes and gravy so it's not far fetched that people would like fries and gravy. That being said I realize people have different tastes and this is obviously an item that you would not like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do at the buffet… :)

blk_puddng_zpsq5avshtp.jpg

They also have back bacon, and those thick sausages with the soft mushy texture and low percentage of meat content… :p

A real fried breakfast at O'Sheehan's would be great!

Oh how did I miss finding those on the Getaway!? I love black pudding, I would have eaten some. %*!@

Now that is a poutine :

"THE HEART ATTACK (OVER 15 POUNDS - THE BIGGEST POUTINE IN TOWN) Icon shirt

Fresh crispy potatoes, chicken, bacon, hot dogs, minced beef, ham, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh curd cheese and mozzzarella with our homemade poutine gravy."

1_modale~v~the-heart-attack-over-15-pounds-the-biggest-poutine-in-town-.jpg

Now that is a poutine :

"THE HEART ATTACK (OVER 15 POUNDS - THE BIGGEST POUTINE IN TOWN) Icon shirt

Fresh crispy potatoes, chicken, bacon, hot dogs, minced beef, ham, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh curd cheese and mozzzarella with our homemade poutine gravy."

1_modale~v~the-heart-attack-over-15-pounds-the-biggest-poutine-in-town-.jpg

That is not Poutine. Poutine is fries, cheese curds and gravy, full stop.:D

I realize that poutine has evolved to include everything but the kitchen sink, but real poutine is fries, curds and gravy.

I have only eaten it twice in my adult life and both times I was pregnant. The key to great poutine is a perfectly crispy fry and good quality curds.

My sis lives abroad now but when she comes homes she orders a sloppy mess of steak poutine from a hometown restaurant. I find it gross and have to leave the room.