Just returned from the Anthem

OK thanks, I'm not familiar with the music or the band called Rock the Boat.

there will be a journey cover band on the dec 12 anthem cruise. (we know because we met them in sorrento's on liberty a couple of months ago, which was their first time playing a royal ship. they were excellent. :) ). They played in the large theater on liberty; we met them the next day grabbing a snack and talked to them for a while before realizing they were the band.

rock the boat is the house band that stays onboard the ship. they are supposed to be quite good. i presume that, like most house bands, they pretty much do covers.

Edited by karmacats

there will be a journey cover band on the dec 12 anthem cruise. (we know because we met them in sorrento's on liberty a couple of months ago, which was their first time playing a royal ship. they were excellent. :) ). They played in the large theater on liberty; we met them the next day grabbing a snack and talked to them for a while before realizing they were the band.

rock the boat is the house band that stays onboard the ship. they are supposed to be quite good. i presume that, like most house bands, they pretty much do covers.

A Journey Tribute band sounds good to me. I'll see on Sunday who we'll have on our sailing, thank you :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

Were there Royal Nights?

If we had "Royal Nights" on the 11/10/15-11/22/15 Anthem cruise, I sure didn't notice them! :eek:

LOL! We had a couple on the TA, but I paid no attention to them. One of them happened to coincide with the night we were eating in Grande, so we were dressed up for that, but otherwise need not and would not have bothered.

Thanks for the replies. As I figured Royal Nights was an experiment that was dropped once Anthem came across the pond.

Royal Night was RCI's (over)reaction to some early and vocal cruisers on Quantum who missed formal nights (not to mention traditional dining). Imho, from the tons of reading I did on here, lots of those early pax on Quantum were just not ready for a really new type of ship with a new kind of dining. Royal also reacted by adding Dynamic Dining Classic, never meant for these ships.

Having cruised for years I have to agree about the formal wear. I like dressing up from time to time but when it becomes mandatory while on vacation, and you have kids, as well as now a lot of airlines are charging for extra bags, it's becoming more of a pain to have to pack a suit in addition to everything else.

Not to mention that getting ready/dressed is a pain too if you've just returned to the ship after a long tiring (but fun) excursion.

Agreed the Windjammer is seriously too small for the crowd on Anthem. I'm a patient and calm person most of the time but breakfast in the buffet really put me in a bad mood. I hate running around looking for a seat with food that's getting cold, and if you get a table first and take turns getting food, food still ends up cold if you want to eat together. The rear area was usually the only place to find a seat and the only problem there were the ginormous table for like 10 when you're a party of two. Other than that I liked the food and decor very much.

I agree with you on this and for the first time, I ate almost every breakfast in American Icon. The relaxed atmosphere was a stark contrast to a WJ breakfast. And if I woke up too late for AI breakfast, I would wait a little bit and go to AI for brunch and have to fresh made chopped salad.

Edited by yj2cute

Were there Royal Nights?

If we had "Royal Nights" on the 11/10/15-11/22/15 Anthem cruise, I sure didn't notice them! :eek:

There was one Royal Night on night 2 I believe. The captain was available to take photos for an hour. No personal cameras allowed. I didn't go so don't know if they offered complimentary champagne or not. Not too big a deal is made of it on this ship.

Edited by yj2cute

There was one Royal Night on night 2 I believe. The captain was available to take photos for an hour. No personal cameras allowed. I didn't go so don't know if they offered complimentary champagne or not. Not too big a deal is made of if on this ship.

They offered the complimentary champagne, but overall the event was totally forgettable.

• 2 weeks later...