wifi package for longer cruises

wenderbender

• 1 month later...

Just had the Value plan on the Sunshine 11-night Journeys. I had absolutely no problem with it. Cabin-mate was constantly kicked off but they thought it was a phone issue. She has on older Samsung Galaxy S4 while I have an S5. They actually refunded her money but left it active, so I was still able to access everything the entire time.

Anyway, had no problem checking scores via NFL app, or checking email or other websites. Uploaded photos to FB without issues. Maybe Sunshine's system is better, since they have the FunHub thing going on, too.

I am already aware of the $5.00 per day; HOWEVER, as you will note from my post, they give you a price break if you buy for the duration of the cruise. Thus, I am trying to figure out the cost for my upcoming 7 night cruise.

The Social Network package is $25 per week. Kim

Yes, I have one on my boat, so if I find a wifi signal, everybody on the boat logs into the router, not the wifi signal

while I like the idea of using a router so we both could use wifi in the room, I don't like losing the option of having wifi when I am sitting in a clam cove on Serenity....for the day! Or, is there a way to make this work as well?

Kim

Last month on a Triumph 10-day I bought the premium plan for $150. The value plan was $90 but I decided to get the premium plan because it was supposed to be much faster than value. I used it with my iPad and 2 year old Android phone with absolutely no problems or slow-downs. It wasn't as fast as my high-speed at home, but faster than I have had on a ship previously.

good question, since the signal can only be used by one device at a time, I don't see why you could not log onto your device on the deck as long as the router is turned off. On the boat we have a range extender on the mast and can pick up signals pretty far away, including people unsecured houses. This is why we use the router on the boat, everyone one the boat has access

How much are the wifi packages for an 11 day cruise? I know I read it somewhere on here, but I can't find it again. Thanks for your help.

Oh goodness- I am not wearing my glasses and I thought initially this was a post for "wife" packages on a cruise. And then I wondered "is this a spa package for the wife or a keep the wife busy package for the husband"? Sorry- my eyes are going and now my nose and belly hurt from snorting the water I was drinking😃