Long Beach pier help needed

harryfat1

Hi,

We will be taking a Carnival Mexico cruise next month out of Long Beach. I have read various reviews on the operation procedure at the Long Beach pier and I am somewhat confused and hopefully someone can help me.

As I understand it, if you arrive early (before 12 noon) at Long Beach, you can check in at the Queen Mary. But if you arrive after that, the early check in will no longer be available. Also read that there is no curb side drop off of luggage for the porters to take to the ship like the old San Pedro harbor and you have to take the luggage from the parking structure to the check in area yourself?

I have 2 little boys, 2 and 4, and will be coming from Disneyland area that day, arriving at the pier 3 something. So just trying to find the easiest way to unload the luggage with the little ones in tow and any insights on what lines to stand would be great.

Appreciate anyone's insight on this matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Harry

I'm not sailing til Christmas Day, but yes there is early checking at the Queen Mary and I saw Porter's taking luggage "inside" the parking structure in April when we stopped in to check out the parking situation on our way home from the Spirit 8 day. You drive around the structure versus directly into it and on the back side is a drive up area with porters and security folks to give you directions. This is where I plan to drop my luggage, daughter and mom with her wheelchair, then I'm going to find a parking space and come back to join them to board.

Hopefully someone how has done this recently will speak up also and corrct me if I'm wrong before we both go on our cruises.

the taxi drivers and shuttle van drivers know where to drop you off and give your luggage to the porters. You may have to wait a few minutes as passengers are still getting off the ship mid morning, but they will be there to take your luggage for a tip. Then go to the Queen Mary as directed by Carnival staff to check in early. You will have some free time to explore the QM, the grounds and shops or just relax and wait to board at the Dome.

Bon Voyage

Archived