New RCI website driving me crazy

gaylemh

How are you able to find the different prices for the various D cabin categories? When I click on Superior Ocean View Balcony it will only show one of the D categories. There are 7 different D categories besides D1 and E1. How could I look up a D5 price when all it's showing is a D8. I know there are cabins available when I check on the German TA site. Even when I click on view or change location, it's just showing me other D8's. What happened to D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 and D7's?

The old way was so much easier.

Don't even get me started on this new web site.:eek: Way too many clicks to find what used to be on 1 page!

I too would like to see all the D prices, I want to upgrade and it is crazy to find all the D prices now!!

I am wanting to give RCL more money and just get too frustrated and don't bother. Or I call RCL and have them look at the prices for me.:D Waste the Agents time instead.

Also, for the past couple of days, just Pinnacles I think?, have No page when they log in to C&A. Just a blue screen and white banner at the top.:confused:

After getting to the D8 click on view or change location

Next page click on change cats or pick any cabin on the deck plan showing and insert the cabin #, You will get the cabin(if vacant) and pricing

The only way I can get it to work is if I insert a cabin number that I know is available. I want to be able to click on, as an example, D5 and see the price, but there is no where to do that unless you type in an available cabin number.

So first I have to go to another website to see what cabins are available and then I can go back to RCI type in the number and get the price.

The only way I can get it to work is if I insert a cabin number that I know is available. I want to be able to click on, as an example, D5 and see the price, but there is no where to do that unless you type in an available cabin number.

So first I have to go to another website to see what cabins are available and then I can go back to RCI type in the number and get the price.

Yes, that was what I was told by another CC, you need an available cabin to put the # in to get that other D category!:rolleyes: Which requires that Other site that shows cabins..........

RCL are you listening to how this is sounding just to check on D category prices?

Before the Ds were all in a row and you could move up or down in booking or upgrading etc. Now we have to go to a competetors site.............just to find cabin # to make the RCL work for us.:eek:

I have found RCI's old website to be maddening. They always promised to fix it , but in my opinion never did. I haven't been on it for awhile, but if the new one is anything like the last website, your best bet is to do all your business with customer service by phone. I got so fed up with their site, that I would just automatically call them They don't like it, they want you to use the computer, but tough, all the money they make get some computer experts to fix it right. Call them, believe me you will get better results. Maybe if enough people call and refuse to let them make you use the site, they will get the hint.

I don't mind the new look, but it's not user friendly at all.

I attempted to place a booking for a few hours yesterday, would select the cabin, complete the details and then click to proceed, only to receive an error message that the booking request would not go ahead until I selected a dining preference. The dining preference button was greyed out, and could not be selected, irrespective of browser or computer. Had to wait until this morning to phone thorough and make the booking with one of the customer service reps. The whole thing is quite irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind the new look, but it's not user friendly at all.

I attempted to place a booking for a few hours yesterday, would select the cabin, complete the details and then click to proceed, only to receive an error message that the booking request would not go ahead until I selected a dining preference. The dining preference button was greyed out, and could not be selected, irrespective of browser or computer. Had to wait until this morning to phone thorough and make the booking with one of the customer service reps. The whole thing is quite irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was saying, save your self a lot of grief and make them do the work. Call their Customer Service desk, that's what I do. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall with their BS web site. I'm booking a cruise this month for my self and about 12-14 family members. I fully intend to go right to the phone and do all my reservations etc. I will give the web site one try, if it works, fine, if not, I'll make them do the work. If enough people force them to physically do it for them, then possibly they will get rid of Obama's computer guy and hire somebody that knows what they are doing. They must have hired the same guys that set up the affordable care act web site, which was a total disaster for better then six months.

Very much agree with you all and told the reps the same thing this past weekend. I tried to put cabins on hold (which it let me do once, then failed each and every time), then I said oh well put a deposit on it and if I need to cancel I would (in the US so can get it back) which I then got the dining issues above.

I ended up calling and did give the rep an earful about their site. Told them I know its not them, but the site is giving them additional work. Not a great way to run a business.

Here's what I've had to resort to - Use the UK (ends in .co.uk instead of .com) site to find available categories in that class, then pick an available cabin and look up the price on the US website.

The UK site also gives the best available inventory of any site.:cool:

Here's what I've had to resort to - Use the UK (ends in .co.uk instead of .com) site to find available categories in that class, then pick an available cabin and look up the price on the US website.

Thx. I don't think my BP can even handle going back on the site. It wouldn't even give category options...would just let me pick inside, balcony, etc. Just too annoying.

The new website is a total mess. I just gave up and had them do the work. I tried my hardest to find a particular cabin on the web site with no luck (and much aggravation). The person I talked too found it for me and was a great help. Just booked a honeymoon cruise for one of my daughters. Not new to RCCL.

It is incredibly frustrating. I thought maybe you couldn't even change categories and they just showed what was available. I would have gladly booked through the site. I did just that for a cruise this past April, and had a wonderful experience. The new site was so frustrating I gave up.

As a software developer for the last 35 years all I can say about the latest version of the cruise search and booking engine is that it is a piece of ... well, let's just say it is bad, very bad. The German site others have mentioned is the model I'd like to see used, at least for cabin selection.

The German site others have mentioned is the model I'd like to see used, at least for cabin selection.

I think most of us mentioned the UK site (a bit easier for the vast majority of English speakers on this site) but the German site (ending in .de) works as well.

Edited by Biker19

It is awful! I used to make all my decisions about which ship, date, cabin etc. before calling and basically put in my order. Now, I have no clue. Plus I put in 3 in a cabin and it keeps saying all these cabins are for up to 2 passengers even though there is a sleep sofa in the cabin. I ended up spending over half an hour on the phone with one of their reps trying to book 2 cabins. :mad:

It is awful! I used to make all my decisions about which ship, date, cabin etc. before calling and basically put in my order. Now, I have no clue. Plus I put in 3 in a cabin and it keeps saying all these cabins are for up to 2 passengers even though there is a sleep sofa in the cabin. I ended up spending over half an hour on the phone with one of their reps trying to book 2 cabins. :mad:

Have to click update

What I really don't like is they do not even show the cabins available even if they are not available to book on line. Nothing comes up for my family of 5. I get it, can not book on line or need a certain number to book.......but at least let me see it!!

Heck-NCL at least shows me the 3 Bedroom villa and gives me a price for 2 people!!:eek: Like that will ever happen in my world but at least I got to see it!!!:D

Seriously though-When I am looking for a family vacation and the website does not show me that what I am looking for-I move on to another vacation option.

Edited by Debde