There back!!!!!!!!

mabones

I just bought 3, which will be applied towards my final payment next month.

Question, If there is a balance, is it applied towards OBC?

They only charge up to the amount due to the gift card. Anything left remains on the gift card. You can certainly apply that to your S&S when you board.

These gift cards come at a 10% discount. So if you get the $500 gift card it only cost you $450

Hmmmm I also wondered what all the gift card hullabaloo was about. The one and only time I bought gift cards (for a restaurant - not a cruise) was at Kroger and they charged a 5% fee for purchasing them. Didn't realize until I got home and looked at my register receipt. I was buying other items so didn't realize. So are the cruise gift cards the same??

The ones from AARP are 10% off and do not have any fee, there is a very small shipping fee but it is less than $1. I just bought a $500 giftcard since I have a cruise over Christmas and the shipping was only .59 cents. So my total was $450.59 and I have $500 to spend, so slightly less than $50 in free money. The only "catch" if you can call it that is that you have to earn points on AARPs site but that is completely free to do and just takes a little time. It usually involves taking surveys or answering some questions. Definitely well worth the savings.