Amex Offers $75 off $300 in Carnival cruise reservation

iceberg1116

Sign into your AmEx account and scroll down to see your offers. If you have the Newegg offer, load it onto your card. Go to the Newegg website search for Carnival gift card and purchase $200. You should get a confirmation of the discount and the card via email. If you have more than one AmEx card you have to wait 48 hours between orders.

We used our Amex last week to put down the cruise deposit. We do not have a Amex online acct set up. Is there a way to call Amex and have this deal activated or can it only be done online??

you sign into your Amex account and look for offers at the bottom

Says for new bookings only.

Anyone actually get an email that said they got the $75 on a charge that wasn't a new booking deposit?

Where did you find the Newegg offer?

Is there a code?

If you've already set up your card with amex sync, you can tweet to get the Newegg offer if you can't find it in your online account:

American Express ‏@AmericanExpress Nov 4 Tweet #AmexNewegg, get $25 back 1x on purchs totaling $200+ @newegg w/cnctd Amex Card! RegLtd Exp12/31/15 SeeTerms:http://amex.co/1M3QKnk

I hate twitter spamming friends so I have a special twitter handle just for offers like this that they don't see :)

you sign into your Amex account and look for offers at the bottom

Says for new bookings only.

Anyone actually get an email that said they got the $75 on a charge that wasn't a new booking deposit?

I used it to make final payment last Friday. Already have the $75 credit on my card.:-)

Edited by bcruise50

Hi Buddy. I tried calling AMEX about the offer and even though the customer service rep was able to bring up the deal She said it was only for some online accts or if it was emailed to you

We don't have a online acct w them and didn't get a email so guess were SOL 😖😖

She adviced getting a online acct to perhaps receive future offers :eek:

Hi Buddy. I tried calling AMEX about the offer and even though the customer service rep was able to bring up the deal She said it was only for some online accts or if it was emailed to you

We don't have a online acct w them and didn't get a email so guess were SOL

She adviced getting a online acct to perhaps receive future offers :eek:

It's a good idea to sign up for an online account. You can then check your balance, charges, etcetera, online. Add to that the bonus of getting the special deals (like the Carnival one) and it seems like it would be worth the 5 minutes of time.

I recently got an AmEx offer where if I spent $60 on Amazon I get $15 off (so 25% off). I bought a gift card and added it to my account so I can make purchases over time, but still get the offer.

And you might find that when you sign up you already HAVE the Carnival offer.

BTW, Mine is actually Spend $250, get $75 back.

Edited by Joules1111

Newegg offer is for $25 off $200 purchase. They sell Carnival gift cards. They are delivered via e-mail so no waiting for the mail.

Thank you for the head's up. I never would had known this was a thing. Checked, had the Newegg offer and got the deal. Thank you!

It's a good idea to sign up for an online account. You can then check your balance, charges, etcetera, online. Add to that the bonus of getting the special deals (like the Carnival one) and it seems like it would be worth the 5 minutes of time.

I recently got an AmEx offer where if I spent $60 on Amazon I get $15 off (so 25% off). I bought a gift card and added it to my account so I can make purchases over time, but still get the offer.

And you might find that when you sign up you already HAVE the Carnival offer.

BTW, Mine is actually Spend $250, get $75 back.

Thank you for the tip about ordering a Amazon gift card. Followed your suggestion! Never would have thought of this myself! Thank you!

I am happy someone posted about Newegg selling Carnival gift cards. I registered the offer with my AMEX card and then purchased a $200 gift card. Worked beautifully. Got a confirmation that I took advantage of the offer from AMEX and a couple hours later received my email gift card. I even checked the balance to make sure it was correct, as I have heard that some people have had trouble with their cards having a $0 balance.

I also registered my husband's card since they are under separate online accounts. I plan on purchasing another card before the offer ends on December 31, 2015.

Too bad we didn't get the Carnival offer of $75 off but this is better than nothing,

Edited by luv2trvlnow

• 3 months later...

My sister has an Amex, so I told her about this when I saw it earlier. She had the offer. She made a payment and got the email for the credit. She told me to tell you guys thanks!!

She's booked with a TA and got the whole thing done plus the email from Amex in 10 minutes!

I booked a Carnival cruise in January and paid a deposit then. Do you think if I pay the balance off using this offer, it will qualify for the bonus?

Yep it should.

Edited by RiotAct

I got this offer on 3 of my Amex cards ($75 off $250). We've already paid for our summer cruise in full. Is there any way to take advantage of this deal still? Can we buy a Carnival GC and have it still count? Call up carnival and pre-pay a room credit for food/alcohol/excursions?