Suite on Jade or 2 Interiors on Getaway w/ 6 kids?

Hi all. I am currently booked on the Jade in Nov 2016 in an Interior and a 2 Bedroom Family Suite for our family of 8.

Our kids will be 8,10,12,12,15 and 19 at the time of that cruise.

We got an incredible deal on the Jade when we booked: $5600 for the Family Suite with UDP, UBP, Prepaid Gratuities, $300 OBC

The interior was $1600 with UBP for a total of $7200 for our family of 8

This is our first blended family vacation with all of the kids and we want to make it special. We thought that maybe we should do Getaway instead?

Both have the same itinerary which is the primary reason for taking the Jade. (We are planning a destination wedding that is a surprise for the kids)

Budget wise though we can get 2 Interiors on the Getaway for $5760 with UBP and Specialty Dining. The littles would eat off the kids menu so they are FREE.

OR $7000 for 2 Family Oceanview Rooms

Being a port intensive itinerary, I don't see the justification of paying $1240 for a window and a little larger room as we won't be in there very often. My thought is that the kids will be out busy on slides, rope courses, mini golf etc.

I hate to lose out on the Jade perks but in the end I want to make this about the kids. Am I making the right choice by moving over to Getaway?

Hi all. I am currently booked on the Jade in Nov 2016 in an Interior and a 2 Bedroom Family Suite for our family of 8.

We got an incredible deal on the Jade when we booked: $5600 for the Family Suite with UDP, UBP, Prepaid Gratuities, $300 OBC

This is our first blended family vacation with all of the kids and we want to make it special. We thought that maybe we should do Getaway instead?

Both have the same itinerary which is the primary reason for taking the Jade. (We are planning a destination wedding that is a surprise for the kids)

Budget wise though we can get 2 Interiors on the Getaway for $5760 with UBP and Specialty Dining. The littles would eat off the kids menu so they are FREE.

Being a port intensive itinerary, I don't see the justification of paying $1240 for a window and a little larger room as we won't be in there very often. My thought is that the kids will be out busy on slides, rope courses, mini golf etc.

I hate to lose out on the Jade perks but in the end I want to make this about the kids. Am I making the right choice by moving over to Getaway?

For mum & dad - a suite on the Jade would be perfect. However, for the kids (of all ages) I would say go for the Getaway!

We are a family of 7, and always cruise in two connecting balcony cabins. On our last cruise, the 5 kids ranged in age from 10 - 17, and I can't imagine the 7 of us crammed into 2 interior cabins (and we are a close family, live in a small house, and except for one teenaged boy, are pretty small people).

We are a family of 7, and always cruise in two connecting balcony cabins. On our last cruise, the 5 kids ranged in age from 10 - 17, and I can't imagine the 7 of us crammed into 2 interior cabins (and we are a close family, live in a small house, and except for one teenaged boy, are pretty small people).

We actually sailed in two interiors last December -be it for a 3 night cruise and it was a little tight, but it was still really fun. We only have two sea days and the others will be port intensive so really just showers and bed in the cabin. We may do the Family OV just for a little more space....but small quarters are not a biggie for us because we do live in a fairly large house and this forces the kids to bond!

I also thought about doing 2 balconies, but the Getaway balconies are really small.

Edited by escentialssoycandles

It is also your wedding. Go with the suite and pamper yourselves. The kids will love the Jade and feel special with all the perks. Not to mention that interiors and oceanviews don't have much floor space. A living area will be a big benefit, especially with so many kids.

Just playing the devil's advocate here. You'll have a great time no matter what you choose - and so will the kids. Why not make it suite?

We cruised with a suite and an interior.

You can arrange for everyone to have key cards for the suite...so the non suite passengers can always come over to visit.

I booked it as one person (me) in the interior and six people in the suite (my mom, my husband, 21 yo, 20 yo, 14 yo and 13 yo in the suite). I arranged it on board as my mom, me, my husband and my 14 yo son in the suite and the 21, 20 and 13 year old girls in the interior.

The girls loved their interior room: nice place to get away from the parents, nice to get ready on their own schedule, no one to nag them about picking up their 17 flip flops that were forever on the floor.

When they wanted some sun or some snacks or some conversation, they came over to the suite.

My kids have sailed 2x now on a port intensive itinerary on smaller (less amenitied ships) and have never run out of things to do. They make new friends and enjoy the amenities they do have (pool not very often, sports court all the time, kids club, teen club, family activities, nightly entertainment, and food food food).

I would take a suite and an interior over two balconies any day....and I definitely wouldn't trade a suite and all its perks for a couple of interiors on a larger ship.

Edited by FitchburgWIFamily

With the age range of the kids they will have a BLAST on the Getaway!!!!!