What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast on a Carnival Cruise?

Doggielover68

Thanks ;) can't wait to try one on the Sunshine in 28 weeks :D:D

Do yourself a favor, after grabbing a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana, wander back through lido buffet area to Havana Bar at the back of the ship, on one side of the bar they put out a few things at both breakfast and lunch (that area never crowded tablewise, lots of folks don't realize to go back there). During breakfast they have these guava puffs....so yummy! Also at lunch, they have mini Cuban sandwiches, also quite yummy.

2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch

I don't have very high standards.

I had to laugh at this one! I never feel that my cruise has really started until I have my INDULGENCE of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes with whole milk. I would never do that at home.:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

Blue iguana breakfast burrito. YUM!

What comes in the breakfast burrito from Blue Iguana...or is it a variety of choices ?

My favorite!! I get the jalapeño tortilla (which ironically is not spicy!), Mexican eggs, chicken sausage, hash browns, sour cream and guacamole. Then I hit the salsa bar.

They also have plain tortillas, regular scrambled eggs, veggies, and a few other things I can't remember. They are really good!

The arepas from Blue Iguana with sour cream and a variety of salsas.

Absolutely! Those things are almost good enough to make me not want to sail on a ship that doesn't have the cantina.

On sea days, the steak and eggs at lunch is another go-to meal for me.

We always order room service earl, some danish, fruit, coffee & tea. Then we always go to the dining room for breakfast. I love the corned beef hash & DH loves everything! We both love that you can get fresh cooked eggs and get waited on.

Absolutely! Those things are almost good enough to make me not want to sail on a ship that doesn't have the cantina.

On sea days, the steak and eggs at lunch is another go-to meal for me.

Funny, it actually was enough to make me not choose a cruise. Was going to do the Mexican Riviera but from what I could tell the ship didn't have the Blue Iguana or Guy's Burgers.

I love the Blue Iguana and the service I got there on my last cruise was OUTSTANDING.

We always order room service earl, some danish, fruit, coffee & tea. Then we always go to the dining room for breakfast. I love the corned beef hash & DH loves everything! We both love that you can get fresh cooked eggs and get waited on.

Yummy! Cant wait!

Edited by js

Everything, everything, everything with everything on the side and everything on top! :D Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal. And I have never ever in all my cruises eaten in the MDR. It's buffet for me! But my GO TO on a cruise is....OATMEAL! :p I have to have my oatmeal. I REFUSE to eat it at home because it just will NOT taste the same. I sprinkle it with brown sugar and it gets all melty on top...and it is SO COMFORTING. I LOVE cruising, but my oatmeal just brings me a bit down to earth and reminds me of home! :o And when I finish my oatmeal, I go back on the buffet line a few more times and eat everything else! :eek:

My husband thinks I'm just being nice to his preferences for their burritos when I give priority to any ship with a Blue Iguana when we look for our next cruise...but it's just as much for me and my love of their breakfast options!

Funnily enough, neither of us actually liked Guys Burgers though. We will probably always end up on a ship that has a Guys from now on, but it isn't because of the burgers, it's because all the Guys ships have Blue Iguana too (at least all the ones I've looked at).

In order: Bacon, Bacon and then Bacon.

Since I NEVER eat bacon at home, it is always a treat!

LOL! Same here. Never buy the stuff, so it's my "cruise splurge". :D. Bacon, French toast (just from the buffet), fruit (you know...the cancel out the other stuff ;) ) and lotsa coffee!

I always eat in the MDR, I only occasionally will grab a snack or dessert from the buffet.

I eat pretty much the same breakfast everyday. Combination Omelette with a side of hollandaise sauce, pork sausage, hash browns, coffee and tomato juice.

I didn't know they had dining room breakfast on port days and I've never had eggs Benedict before. Now I'll have to try it in two weeks :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be sure to get the hollandaise sauce on the side or it gets "hard" under lights.

Lido has eggs Benedict but they change the ham to salmon (yuck!) or some other meat.

I get an egg over easy, grits, sausage. They only serve the sausage the first day usually, after that it's more like a hot dog piece or something else.

In order: Bacon, Bacon and then Bacon.

Since I NEVER eat bacon at home, it is always a treat!

I find the bacon to be too greasy and limp, not crisp.

Wish the butter weren't so hard to find. Why isn't it near the bread?? Where is the flavored butter? What flavors?

Edited by crusinpsychRN