HELP! Passport/Visas etc. <legal>

mandie89

Hi everyone,

I understand that this a cruise forum and this question may not be suitable here however I am really hoping someone will be able to help me.

I have already booked and started paying for my cruise overseas for late next year. I am getting ready to do my passport application and submit and we've had a bit of a hiccup!

The person who I'm going with (now partner) has been slapped with a DVO order from his ex-wife and is to appear in court on Monday. She did one not long ago and it was thrown out of court basically because she lied about everything. Is this going to cause a problem with gaining a passport?

Next question, we are Australian residents and want to go to NZ, can anyone assist with if this will affect getting a visa to there?

I'll admit, I'm not all up on this and heads spinning a bit from all of this arising!

Okay - so I've just been looking and I don't need a visa for NZ for a stay up to 90 days.

You say you're an Australian resident. Does that mean you're not a citizen? If you're not an Australian citizen, then the arrangements will concern your own country of citizenship. Being an Australian resident does not affect this.

If you are an Australian citizen and you don't have a criminal record, you have automatic right of entry to and residence in NZ. New Zealanders have those same rights in regard to Australia, due to a bilateral agreement between the two countries.

As for your friend, he will have to seek legal advice for himself. Depending on the outcome of the court case, he may not be permitted to leave Australia. I don't know how this will affect an application for his passport.