Suite GTY

elkay68

Getting ready to book 2 suite GTY cabins for the Dec 21, 2015 sailing on the Connie. Have never booked Suite GTY before. Any recent experience (like what suite you were assigned)? As on now, and I know it changes minute by minute there is

1 - S1

2- S2

1- CS

6-RS

We are elite so not sure if that will help.

complete luck of the draw. My guess is if they assign you immediately, S2.

With the new offer to upgrade people for a fee, they will likely wait till 30-40 days prior to sailing to assign you (as the upgrade offers are extended at 45 days), allowing others the chance to pay for the higher category suites.

On my upcoming Connie sailing end of the month, the day they made the offers for paid suite upgrades I saw 8 suites - sky and Celebrity and Royal, all disappear in a matter of hours, and verandas and ocean views opened up.

We were in a sky this time last year for cruise after Thanksgiving, and the offered royal Gty for less Celebrity, all of the royals had been booked. Figured the would move up a Royal to the open penthouse, but we got it. Sometimes you get really lucky. Have not seen this since.

Edited by Wickets

We just got back from the Connie last week. We had booked a suite guarantee, fully expecting a Sky Suite but, of course, hoping for something better :D Well, after checking every day for about 2 weeks, we finally got our assignment- a Celebrity Suite! Needless to say, we were very pleased...(It was our first suite ever, and now we are thoroughly spoiled.)

Slightly off subject, we were upgraded to one of the nicer Skysuites on Millennium recently after eight X cruises in a balcony.

We loved dining in Luminae. The extra space and double sink bath were great, but we felt removed from some of our cc friends that we toured wtih.

We felt that we would never pay full price for a suite (only a modest amount for an upgrade) over a balcony. This is especially for a port intensive cruise when you don't use the cabin that much.

I know it isn't a big sample, but we are 2/2 getting assigned 9121 on M-class suite guarantee.

Now when I book suite guarantee on M-class I ask myself if I am ok with getting that cabin. It's an accessible with the ping pong table above it (mainly above the balcony area).

Assignment of cabins for guarantee categories is done by computer, not actual persons. Your Captains Club status is not considered. This according to several conversations with CC reps. We are Elite Plus and sometimes get terrific cabin/suite assignments and sometimes not, but have never been disappointed. We tend to book 3-4 months in advance and so will get a specific cabin assignment fairly quickly.

Edited by rwb

can't stay away?

have fun!!!

Well figured since we were going to be in FL might as well :) we just got assigned 6145. Now waiting for mom's cabin.

Now lets just hope the neighbors in the PH are not the like the ones you had on the Transpacific.

can't stay away?

have fun!!!

Well figured since we were going to be in FL might as well :) we just got assigned 6145. Now waiting for mom's cabin.

Now lets just hope the neighbors in the PH are not the like the ones you had on the Transpacific.

THAT IS A SCORE! That cabin is always first to go. LUCKY YOU!

We had 6145 on Millennium and it was a very nice cabin only the lighting system was strange.

We had 6145 on Millennium and it was a very nice cabin only the lighting system was strange.

I agree with this. I finally figured it out though.

the 4 buttons, each set a "scene" turning particular lights to particular set points.

the 2 buttons each increase the intensity or turn the intensity of the lights down if you press and hold them. A quick press turns lights completely off or the last used "scene" back on.

I also noted that they have replaced some of the bulbs with LED version that are not always "dimmable" so that adds to the issue of complicatedness.

Edited by cle-guy

We had the PH on the Millenium for 15 nights a and I know and understand the light switches.

Now just waiting for our other GTY to be assigned for this cruise.

What we most dislike about it is having only that single door to the balcony as we much prefer the wider view that you get with regular sliding double glass doors.

But the bathroom is great!

I do wish they would provide some kind of movable divider between the bed and sitting area for the times when one person wants to sleep and the other doesn't.

Doubtful you will find anyone that nice. Alcohol is the best icebreaker, however.

We're hoping to do our next Celebrity cruise in the spring, but nothing planned yet.

Looking forward to the new sky suite benefits, although we really don't drink much (yeah, right!)

Edited by Nachosdelux