How to get an early embarkation slot?

marylizcat

Yes you can put your luggage through the hole in the wall at the terminal from about 11am I think.

If you have hand luggage probably best to keep that with you.

Most hotels will hold peoples luggage for them, until they are ready to take it away.

Now I thought it was 11.00 but P&O on their site have it as 12.00. The CPS have 10.30 for dropping off the car. Happy days.

Oh no!!!!! :(

Just having a bit of a change Scriv. Haven't had a land holiday for five years but been lucky enough to have 3 cruises a year since then. Our Azura cruise was only for 2 nights and the Royal Carribean is for 3 so we are having a change. Just don't think 2 nights is worth going on now, especially when we have to travel a distance.

Hope I don't get thrown off here as I am still a believer in P and O:cool:

We could have transfered as it is not until next year but I expect an admin fee would be charged, as it was only for 2 nights and cheap the deposit was less loss.

People have changed for no cost as long as the next cruise is more expensive. Not difficult in your case.:) :)

With 300 mile to travel I would not leave the house for less than a week. :)

I can't believe I have just gone and booked a land holiday for next year and a cruise with Royal Carribean:eek: and going to be cancelling my Azura 2 night cruise:(

Have done a 4 day cruise on RCI so if you want any tips just ask.

We were thinking of changing to Celebrity in 2017 for a change but as they have changed their formal nights to glitz etc we are unsure. May be a land holiday for us too --- most probably to Rome and Sorrento :D

Happy -- and safe --- holidays whatever ...

We had already booked our train from Oxford before I knew anything about the tightening up of boarding times. Our train is due in Southampton just before noon and we have been given a boarding time of 1.15pm, so not too bad as it happens.

I'm guessing that security will be much tighter now, after the awful events in Paris last night. I think perhaps we should be glad that we are able to go on cruises and not worry too much what time we get on the ship.

What with this thread ,the other thread, and faceache, I am totally and utterly gobsmacked with all the upset this appears to have caused, and the reasons being given why people have to arrive early.

If Anthem was soo much better,please go with them. If Celebrity was so much better, please go with them, but not in formal attire.

For all everyone knows the ships may have been told they cannot have so many people turning up at once, and once they have seen how it works with P and O, the other lines may have to follow suit.

What will all the people in prams and toys do then???

It is peoples choice as to what time they arrive...just because they have decided there may be leaves on the line, or traffic q's across the whole country...their choice, does not mean Pando has to do boarding to suit THEM.

Totally agree. You can understand why so many cruisers avoid message boards like this.

Have done a 4 day cruise on RCI so if you want any tips just ask.

We were thinking of changing to Celebrity in 2017 for a change but as they have changed their formal nights to glitz etc we are unsure. May be a land holiday for us too --- most probably to Rome and Sorrento :D

Happy -- and safe --- holidays whatever ...

We did do a 3 day cruise on Independence of the seas last October, so not completely new to this cruiseline. I have promised hubby that I will not be continually looking out for cruise ships while sitting on the beach on my land holiday:o

Hope you find something suitable and it is fun looking isn't it.:)

Totally agree. You can understand why so many cruisers avoid message boards like this.

But you have to remember this is a forum - we don't all have to agree on everything.

If some folk just want to heap praise on p&o and make no criticism about any aspect of its product or operational methods, then open an appreciation thread where posters are asked not to post anything adverse

Has anybody thought of reprinting out their e-ticket displaying your check-in time photocopying it with a different check in time of their choosing inserted in the correct place in lieu of the officially allocated time.

Lol John

Haha this is soo funny. Would there be anyone who would go to these lengths? Imagine the stress and worry when the eticket is being checked and the embarrassment if you are found out. Not for me I am afraid, will just stick to my time.:D

You'll be able to buy fake e-tickets with early boarding times on EBay soon !

I actually told them on Aurora that this would soon happen LOL!

We have the technology as we have a printing business and could do it convincingly.

Whether it's worth it or not I know not; I only know that this whole thing hads made me VERY fed up with p and O, and I've cruised with them almost exclusively for over 15 years.

I actually told them on Aurora that this would soon happen LOL!

We have the technology as we have a printing business and could do it convincingly.

Whether it's worth it or not I know not; I only know that this whole thing hads made me VERY fed up with p and O, and I've cruised with them almost exclusively for over 15 years.

You could make a real profit selling these:D:D