Weather question

DoggyDaddy

We are taking the NA on a western Carrabean starting Nov 15. The weather forecasts seem to be terrible and we were wondering what the protocol is for weather related cancellations. If there are thunderstorms forecasted for Half Moon Cay, will HA cancel the stop? The same for scattered thunder boomers. I really don't see them bringing all the food and drink onshore if it will be wet for most of the day.

I assume that the ship would still stop in Grand Cayman and Cosumel even if the weather is lousy as there are other things to do than laying on the beach or snorkeling.

Here's hoping that the weathermen got it wrong again and that it will be bright and sunny during our week long vacation.

DD

We are taking the NA on a western Carrabean starting Nov 15. The weather forecasts seem to be terrible and we were wondering what the protocol is for weather related cancellations. If there are thunderstorms forecasted for Half Moon Cay, will HA cancel the stop? The same for scattered thunder boomers. I really don't see them bringing all the food and drink onshore if it will be wet for most of the day.

I assume that the ship would still stop in Grand Cayman and Cosumel even if the weather is lousy as there are other things to do than laying on the beach or snorkeling.

Here's hoping that the weathermen got it wrong again and that it will be bright and sunny during our week long vacation.

DD

Grand Cayman may be an issue since I think all ships have to tender and bad weather could hinder that.

We've had Half Moon Cay canceled because of bad weather, not just a forecast. We also had it canceled because the swells were too bad for tender operations. We've also been on Half Moon Cay in the rain.

I'd just play it by ear. The weather in the Caribbean is highly changeable. Unless a big system sets up across your entire itinerary, you'll probably experience some fine weather.

HMC and Grand Cayman are both tender ports, and weather can effect the tendering process. If you have to miss a port it will most likely turn into a sea day. Also, don't believe the weather forecast completely. We have had vacations where the forecast was awful but in reality we had lovely weather for the most part.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

DD

Hoping along with you. I am on the Westy and the forecast for the Eastetn Carib next week is also crappy.

Come on sun!

We have had HMC cancelled quite a few times over the years because of rough seas and thunderstorms.

Grand Cayman -- like said -- is another tender port. Just 3 weeks ago the weather looked lovely and where we were anchored, the seas looked so smooth. We had decided to tender -- I have to use a walker and we figured that I could do it. Another couple we got to know in the Neptune Lounge came in just as we were about to leave. They told us not to attempt it. The closer they got to the pier, the worse the swells were. Getting off and on the tenders at the pier was a rocky situation.

A few years ago when we sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam, HMC was cancelled because of strong winds. The next year on a Princess cruise, we had a scare while on a tender because the waves were so high and rocked us up and down and side to side. For our upcoming cruise on NA, we hate to miss the ports but probably won't be tendering. Husband has to use a walker most of the time because of recent fall. :(

Cindy