Norwegian Getaway - What time to board?

davidmk

Every cruise I've ever been on we've arrived early, between 10:30 and 11am... usually breeze through security at that time. We've sailed from both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and it's been the same each time. We plan to arrive around 10:30 next weekend also for our Escape cruise. I mean... why not try to get on the ship as early as possible!

We are early birds...get on board and let the vacation begin! We try to arrive about 10:30. Check in is usually beginning about then. Boarding usually begins about 11:30. We are near first group on board then. Ahead of the later crowds, we eat, drink, sit back and people watch. However, you'll still have time to get something to eat if you board at 1. The mandatory drill is usually at 3:30

Hi - What time do people recommend arriving for boarding? Would 1 pm be ok to catch a late lunch once on board?

If you intend to arrive at the pier at 1pm I would very much doubt that you would get to the MDR to eat by 2pm.

Unless you have priority boarding because of the very expensive staterooms you are in.

You might manage if you are Platinum or Gold and get the "bypass" lane for check in.

However the main "blockage" would be getting your carry-on luggage through the x-ray especially if they only have 2 machines working.

Arrive as early as you can!!

Mike

Every cruise I've ever been on we've arrived early, between 10:30 and 11am... usually breeze through security at that time. We've sailed from both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and it's been the same each time. We plan to arrive around 10:30 next weekend also for our Escape cruise. I mean... why not try to get on the ship as early as possible!

We are on the Escape now. Beautiful ship. Enjoy!

We are on the Escape now. Beautiful ship. Enjoy!

Same to you - Have fun!!

Thanks to everyone else for the info - helps me plan according for next year's trips on the Escape and Getaway.:) So, I have to do what I pretty much do when cruising from NYC and get in before 11am to clear though security and check-in. Good to know.

• 4 weeks later...
Does priority boarding get a passenger through security any faster?

Do you mean priority boarding as for suite passengers or priority checkin as for gold and platinum Latitudes members?

For priority check-in there is no difference anywhere (the priority checkin is just a dedicated queue while waiting in the terminal, after the security), for true priority boarding (for suites) apparently in some ports you can get through the security with a priority line but I haven't seen such line in Miami on my few cruises in suites from there, everybody has been in the same queue until after the security.