Thanksgiving 2015 - Miami

meggie711

Could anybody make suggestions for a 1-night pre-cruise Miami stay that happens to fall on Thanksgiving Day? We haven't found a hotel yet, would gladly take recommendations for that as well. We're looking for suggestions on hotels that are around restaurants, but not sure that we would find any place open on Thanksgiving for dinner. It will be me, my husband, and our 6-year-old, so nothing fancy, but not McDonalds either. lol

As far as hotels go, it seems that most do not including parking or "resort fees" in the rates. Can anyone recommend a hotel that doesn't have a lot of extra fees, is kid-friendly, has a pool (maybe beach access) and parking?

Thanks in advance! :)

Could anybody make suggestions for a 1-night pre-cruise Miami stay that happens to fall on Thanksgiving Day? We haven't found a hotel yet, would gladly take recommendations for that as well. We're looking for suggestions on hotels that are around restaurants, but not sure that we would find any place open on Thanksgiving for dinner. It will be me, my husband, and our 6-year-old, so nothing fancy, but not McDonalds either. lol

As far as hotels go, it seems that most do not including parking or "resort fees" in the rates. Can anyone recommend a hotel that doesn't have a lot of extra fees, is kid-friendly, has a pool (maybe beach access) and parking?

Thanks in advance! :)

Any of the hotels down on the beach will have resort fees. Land is scarce and parking is at a premium and most hotels will charge for parking.

You'll have to stay at one of the Sterling/Griffin Road hotels to skip the above but I'm not sure what is going to be open around them. The chain hotels and many independents will be closed.

All of the hotel restaurants will be open.

What is your budget?

Edited by BlueHerons

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile but I wanted to followup and say that the Hampton Inn was a huge success - thanks for the recommendation! We found the hotel to be incredibly clean, got a good rate, hotel staff was helpful, and convenient to the port and food/entertainment. We stayed on Thanksgiving and literally only saw one other person in the hotel that night. We had the rooftop pool area to ourselves - felt like we were the only ones in the entire hotel. lol We ate over at Havana 1957 (within walking distance of the hotel), and I cannot wait to go back to Miami just so I can go there again! I enjoyed my fair share of mangojitos and some of the best food I've ever eaten. We were cruising with our son (6 years old) and felt perfectly comfortable eating with him there. The server was fantastic! Altogether, it was a fantastic experience!

It's been awhile but I wanted to followup and say that the Hampton Inn was a huge success - thanks for the recommendation! We found the hotel to be incredibly clean, got a good rate, hotel staff was helpful, and convenient to the port and food/entertainment. We stayed on Thanksgiving and literally only saw one other person in the hotel that night. We had the rooftop pool area to ourselves - felt like we were the only ones in the entire hotel. lol We ate over at Havana 1957 (within walking distance of the hotel), and I cannot wait to go back to Miami just so I can go there again! I enjoyed my fair share of mangojitos and some of the best food I've ever eaten. We were cruising with our son (6 years old) and felt perfectly comfortable eating with him there. The server was fantastic! Altogether, it was a fantastic experience!

Thanks for coming back with the review!

LOVE Havana 1957! Glad you enjoyed it!