Chocolate Factory

webprinter

We are thinking about doing the chocolate factory tour. Our ship docks at 8:00 at the International pier, can we do the 9:00 tour or should we play it safe and do the 10:00 tour? Is there anywhere to shop around the factory if we get there really early? Thanks.

We are thinking about doing the chocolate factory tour. Our ship docks at 8:00 at the International pier, can we do the 9:00 tour or should we play it safe and do the 10:00 tour? Is there anywhere to shop around the factory if we get there really early? Thanks.

First thing to consider would be what time of year you are visiting and which home port you are sailing from. The factory times are local time so check how that fits in with your ship time. It is probably 20 minutes by taxi from International. We don't usually rush off the ship immediately but I have seen quite long lines at the taxi dispatch early on so that is something also to consider. (Sometimes you can get faster service on the street outside the port area, at El Cid or across the road at Royal Village mall.)

There is nothing to do in the area around the chocolate factory if you get there early - it is on a small back street in a residential area at the back of San Miguel. If you have taken a later tour I am sure you could probably wait in the shop area of the facility but if you went for the first tour I don't know how early they let you in.