Do you use your Central Park or Boardwalk balcony?

I cannot begin to imagine why anyone would want a balcony facing in :confused:

I'll help you to "begin" imagining.

They're totally unique, no other class of ship has them. The Oasis Class of ship is a Concorde moment for cruise ships so why not experience a unique experience within a unique ship.

A different view from a balcony on a cruise ship.

I'll let you know how it is after my Harmony cruise next May.

Because we have an inward facing balcony that gives us a beautiful aft view as well as perfect view of the Aqua Theater. We are loving it! Gorgeous sail always. Watched football from our balcony Sunday night. Have seen the aqua show several times. And the noise is not an issue for us as many have reported. We have the best of both worlds in my opinion. People watching, show watching, and gorgeous aft view of the wake. And I haven't felt the need to keep my curtains closed constantly either. In fact, they stay open except when we're changing clothes. We keep the shears drawn sometimes. But not the privacy curtains. And my breeze is lovely on the boardwalk balcony.ImageUploadedByForums1447895158.571995.jpg.4afac7ee9306893abf1c786d64d2e9a2.jpg

Edited by Sherri914

Because we have an inward facing balcony that gives us a beautiful aft view as well as perfect view of the Aqua Theater. We are loving it! Gorgeous sail always. Watched football from our balcony Sunday night. Have seen the aqua show several times. And the noise is not an issue for us as many have reported. We have the best of both worlds in my opinion. People watching, show watching, and gorgeous aft view of the wake. And I haven't felt the need to keep my curtains closed constantly either. In fact, they stay open except when we're changing clothes. We keep the shears drawn sometimes. But not the privacy curtains. And my breeze is lovely on the boardwalk balcony.[ATTACH]369026[/ATTACH]

Glad you are enjoying your balcony, and nice to hear a positive experience!

haven't yet but we have a cp booked for an upcoming cruise and i'm excited for it. I can't wait to people watch in the evening with a glass of wine and (it is my understanding) listen to the night sounds float up to me. can't wait to have a different experience than we have ever had.

We always cruise in an ocean view balcony, but chose a boardwalk balcony for our cruise on the Allure both because it's a unique experience and because it was a lot cheaper.

WE LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

It was the best of both worlds. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean while still enjoying what was going on on the ship all from the comfort of our room. We watched rehearsals going on in the aqua theater and the show itself, we watched people going down the zip line, we enjoyed sail away from our balcony, ate breakfast there and had snacks there during the day...we spent a lot more time on our Boardwalk balcony than we do on our ocean view ones.

I'm a really light sleeper and I didn't find the room noisy at all (we were on the 12th floor, 6 rooms from the aft). We also were not bothered at all by privacy issues. We only used the curtains when we were getting dressed.

Boardwalk balcony is now our favorite type of room :)

Edited by alaskawdw12

Looks lovely Sherri. I hope to try it someday.

Anyone know if we can apply C&A discounts to inside balconies? I assume so.

Yes you get your c&a discount.

Booked b2b2b on allure next October in 8329. I hope it's high enough to see the wake of the ship. If not at least we can people watch. Have booked ocean view balconies before but found we don't use it that much. As a matter of fact we just stayed in an inside cabin for the first time and prefer that room over an oceanview balcony. We love to people watch so maybe we will use the boardwalk balcony more than the oceanview ones. I believe someone did mention they used the boardwalk balcony more than an oceanview one.

We tried the CP balcony on Allure and just didn't care for it. Going out for a breath of air and looking at the neighbours in the apartment building across from us was nothing like the effect of sitting and watching the waves/birds etc from a regular balcony.

If we do O class again we would either upgrade to a real balcony or not drop to oceanview/inside rather than waste the money on a CP. BV might be different with the aquatheater/ocean at the back but probably not right for us either.

Just off Oasis and we noticed that we rarely, if ever, saw people using their CV or BV balconies. We were in central park and the boardwalk often enough, but aside from drying clothes, the balconies were conspicuously empty most of the time. If you had one of these rooms, did you like to sit out and use the balcony?

There is so much to do on the Oasis that maybe there is not that much time left to sit on the balcony for long periods of time. I use it when my wife is getting ready for dinner.

Just off Oasis and we noticed that we rarely, if ever, saw people using their CV or BV balconies. We were in central park and the boardwalk often enough, but aside from drying clothes, the balconies were conspicuously empty most of the time. If you had one of these rooms, did you like to sit out and use the balcony?

I was on the Oasis two weeks ago and saw lots of people using the inside balconies. I had a perfect view of most things from the Windjammer. I must say that there is absolutely no privacy on those balconies. I only book outside balconies because I prefer the view of the ocean. For me that's the point of being on a cruise. The Oasis is so massive that you don't feel any movement on the ship, not even when docking.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a boardwalk balcony 3 rooms from the back and enjoyed watching the diving shows from the balcony. They also showed a football game on the big screen that my husband enjoyed watching. I also liked that it wasn't windy on those balconies like it can be on the outside balconies.

We booked the same Boardwalk balcony we had 3 years ago for this Christmas. We love decorating the balcony (our 4 foot penguin made the cruise video) and we spend lots of time relaxing there.

Since it was December, heat and rain were not issues and that made the balcony a nice place to relax.

I addition to people watching, we enjoyed seeing the OCEANARIA diving show from the balcony. We were on floor 14 and had a great, bird's eye view of the high divers.

We also enjoyed watching a MOVIE from our balcony. We ordered pizza and snacks from room service and had a nice little evening.

We did breakfast on the balcony once, but found the table small for a full meal. It was okay for snacks.

The Oasis is so massive that you don't feel any movement on the ship, not even when docking.

I used to tell people this too, but this week is a whole different story. The ship has rocked and swayed all week. No matter if you're in the front, back, bottom, top - you could feel the movement. The crew have been commenting all week about it.

I used to tell people this too, but this week is a whole different story. The ship has rocked and swayed all week. No matter if you're in the front, back, bottom, top - you could feel the movement. The crew have been commenting all week about it.

I told people that as well until we cruised when Hurricane Sandy came through. We were not in the hurricane, but the seas were so rough that water from the pools was splashing down into Central Park.

Sherri914, that's interesting. I'm not sure I can trust waves forecast bc I think it was showing flat this week and next week. Were the conditions stormy or something causing rough seas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to have my third Boardwalk Balcony on Harmony. Great view of the ocean, aquatheatre and all the people. Breakfast, snacks, naps.....I spent a lot of time there, when I'm not in the Solarium. I typically would like an outside balcony, but you get everything in these cabins.

You can look at the water on any balcony on any ship. Boardwalk balconies offer a truly unique view. You can turn your head slightly, and see the water from the open end of the ship. We watched movies, the dive show, and the activity on the boardwalk too. That is why we chose an in facing balcony.