Blueherons or other local:question

kelkel2

We will be staying at the Intercontinental and I was looking at restaurants, possibly something that we could walk to. One that keeps sparking my interest is Pollos y Jarras. Have you eaten here, would you recommend it? It's received good ratings, and it sounds very good, but is this some place we can walk to safely from the IC? Is it also walkable distance? It looks to be not terribly far on the map.

Edited by kelkel2

We will be staying at the Intercontinental and I was looking at restaurants, possibly something that we could walk to. One that keeps sparking my interest is Pollos y Jarras. Have you eaten here, would you recommend it? It's received good ratings, and it sounds very good, but is this some place we can walk to safely from the IC? Is it also walkable distance? It looks to be not terribly far on the map.

I haven't eaten there but I've been by it and it always looks like one of those lunch places.

Hopefully Carolyn will see this and chime in.

Have you been to Havana 1957? Any good? I would assume that would be an uber ride...

I LOVE Havana 1957! My favorite Cuban in Miami! However, I haven't eaten at the one on Brickell. We like the one on Espanola Way the best just because of the ambiance.

You could walk if it is a nice evening. I would walk there and Uber home.

I dream about their Ropa Vieja!

Edited by BlueHerons

I LOVE Havana 1957! My favorite Cuban in Miami! However, I haven't eaten at the one on Brickell. We like the one on Espanola Way the best just because of the ambiance.

You could walk if it is a nice evening. I would walk there and Uber home.

I dream about their Ropa Vieja!

Ok! Maybe we will go there!!!

I haven't eaten there but I've been by it and it always looks like one of those lunch places.

Hopefully Carolyn will see this and chime in.

I have not personally eaten there but was over there recently because I was at Elwoods Pub across the street. We walked by with a bunch of friends in the evening on a sunday and there were still people there.

It is definitely within walking distance. I will say that there tends to be some interesting people walking around in the area outside of the work week. And there can at times be quite a few homeless people walking around.

• 4 weeks later...
hey! I have a new question. So per my husband's request we made reservations for patio seating for Wolfgang's. He loves wolfgang...

Anyways, have you been? What to wear? I assume it's a dressier place?

Wolfgangs Steakhouse? It's dressy but Miami is sort of a dressy place. If your hubby wears cargos and a golf shirt that will not cut it.

Keep in mind many places do have dress codes so you may want to ask.

I would say nice, dark jeans, dress shirt and sport coat for him, dress for you.

Wolfgangs Steakhouse? It's dressy but Miami is sort of a dressy place. If your hubby wears cargos and a golf shirt that will not cut it.

Keep in mind many places do have dress codes so you may want to ask.

I would say nice, dark jeans, dress shirt and sport coat for him, dress for you.

Ok! This is exactly what I was thinking but I wanted to ask a local and make sure I was on track!

hey! I have a new question. So per my husband's request we made reservations for patio seating for Wolfgang's. He loves wolfgang...

Anyways, have you been? What to wear? I assume it's a dressier place?

Eaten at Wolfgang's many times! It's a beautiful restaurant with a really nice bar area. The patio of course will be a tad more casual of a look because it's a patio! It's overlooking the river and I have enjoyed eating out there as well.

Honestly, I have seen all manners of dress. We have sat at the bar with long golf shorts and a long sleeve button down short for my husband for happy hour (heat of the summer & a week night), jeans & a long sleeve shirt at dinner and dressier when we were with clients for dinner. All were just fine and in the scope of what we saw others in.

Eaten at Wolfgang's many times! It's a beautiful restaurant with a really nice bar area. The patio of course will be a tad more casual of a look because it's a patio! It's overlooking the river and I have enjoyed eating out there as well.

Honestly, I have seen all manners of dress. We have sat at the bar with long golf shorts and a long sleeve button down short for my husband for happy hour (heat of the summer & a week night), jeans & a long sleeve shirt at dinner and dressier when we were with clients for dinner. All were just fine and in the scope of what we saw others in.

could I get away with no dress and something just nice looking instead? I'd hate to pack another dress...

could I get away with no dress and something just nice looking instead? I'd hate to pack another dress...

Absolutely! Last time I was there with a group all of us woman had on things like linen pants, white jeans, a long casual skirt, dress pants. etc. Especially if you are sitting out on the patio. It's a much more relaxed atmosphere out there.