NCL cruise planner call!

beerman2

What a pleasant experience today calling and booking a cruise via a 3 way conference call with our partners in crime. Fla./Phoenix call center/Ohio.

Don't think we are allowed to mention names, but she did a fantastic job booking our Fla friends first, then us.

Explained everything in detail, listened to our questions, and never rushed us at anytime.

Found us the cabins we were looking for, and steered us away from what we originally looked at.

Kudo's to NCL call center.

Glad it was a positive experience. Just curious, what cabin selection did they steer you away from and why? I'm not sure I would ever take their advice on cabin selection. Some of them have probably never been on a cruise ship.

I'm interested also, but I can say that I trust my PCC. She has been on many cruises, so I value her input. I don't know if I would be able to have that same trust in someone that I have not had a working relationship with, but I hope it all works out for you!! :)

Steered us away from adjoining rooms near elevator mid ship on Deck 11. But it was more so her communication with the 3 way conversation and making sure we had all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

We've stayed near the elevator many times on Deck 10 and 11 and never heard any noise during the day or night.

I know a lot of people claim not to stay near the elevators due to noise....but we've never had that problem......and like being close to an elevator!

Harriet

I'm interested also, but I can say that I trust my PCC. She has been on many cruises, so I value her input. I don't know if I would be able to have that same trust in someone that I have not had a working relationship with, but I hope it all works out for you!! :)

We have an NCL PCC and he has chosen cabins for us on all our cruises; he has done a brilliant job and I would trust his judgment in almost everything associated with NCL.

I agree that I wouldn't know about TAs knowledge of the hundreds of cruise liners they are able to book.

Mike

Steered us away from adjoining rooms near elevator mid ship on Deck 11. But it was more so her communication with the 3 way conversation and making sure we had all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

Hmm. I wonder why you were steered away from those cabins? Because of DH mobility problems we always cruise in a cabin as close to elevator as possible, and preferably midship. Elevators are in a foyer, not right next to cabins. We never hear elevator noise.

Did she recommend a lower deck instead? If so, maybe that was the reason since lower decks have less motion.

We were also looking for adjoining cabins and she found them on deck 10.

It was just her entire approach and attitude. Very cheerful and patient, being sure we understood what we were paying for and getting.

The web was experiences difficulties, hence the phone call.

And she was dealing with our friends in Fla. and us in Ohio.

Why? We've always stayed in Mid Ship mini-suites near the elevator....never any noise. What was her take on those cabins?

We wanted adjoining cabins and they weren't available, plus after second thought we decided WE didn't want to be next to the elevator.

We don't have mobility issues and walking is good!

And everyone is missing the real point.

She was pleasant, patient, very easy to understand ( unlike many call centers overseas), carried on a conversation with us booking in Ohio and our friends in Fla. on a conference call.

It was a midship balcony we were looking for and she kept us in one just not next to the elevators.

Great to hear you had a positive experience -- sounds like she went above and beyond. Good on her!

As an aside, when I was booking I told the person I was new to NCL and didnt know what would be the best room choice. I guess she took that to mean new to cruising, which I am not. She then told me not to worry, that's what she's there for to help, and suggested a room for us on Deck 5. Deck 5 to me was not appealing, and almost never is, being a lower deck,so I chose another. But then I thought hmm maybe she knows more about this than I do! Deck 5 could be great for all I know. I just was under the general impression that lower decks were not the best, maybe I am mistaken there.

I am not missing your point; I think it is great you had such a positive/satisfactory experience. It's nice that you took the time to relay it. I never thought about conference type calling....gave me something to think about since I often travel with friends. Thanks!

I agree with you that being "pushed" to walk more can be a good thing!

And everyone is missing the real point.

She was pleasant, patient, very easy to understand ( unlike many call centers overseas), carried on a conversation with us booking in Ohio and our friends in Fla. on a conference call.

It was a midship balcony we were looking for and she kept us in one just not next to the elevators.

I am not missing your point; I think it is great you had such a positive/satisfactory experience. It's nice that you took the time to relay it. I never thought about conference type calling....gave me something to think about since I often travel with friends. Thanks!

I agree with you that being "pushed" to walk more can be a good thing!

Our Fla. Peeps made the call and gave the rep. my cell #. NCL then called me and joined the 3 of us together. It was such a positive experience.