Life from Reflection-11/14 Top Chef Cruise

SuzCruise

Thanks so much for posting. We are on the Dec. 5th sailing and just wondering about whether or not the molecular has been fully converted to the World Class bar now, as well, what is the entertainment throughout the ship (not so much those in the theatre, as we tend not to go to those), such as any quartets, trios, duos, etc throughout the bars/venues.

Thanks so much and have a fabulous cruise@

Top Chef contestants onboard this particular sailing are Nina Compton, Tiffany Derry, Doug Adams, Gregory Gourdet, Chris Crary and Ash Fulk. But it changes each cruise. They each do a cooking demo competition and there was a meet and greet which are free. There are cooking classes, private dinners and shore excursions with each chef for a fee. And tonight is Too Chef night where the restaurant will serve the recipes of these particular chefs. I believe that is the dish that each chef prepares at the cooking demo.

The Molecular bar is still operational, but switches over on the 28th of this month.

Hope you're having a great time! Enjoy dinner tonight....we have yet to do a Top Chef cruise but they sound like fun. Thanks for the update on the Molecular bar. We will be jumping on board on the 28th. If you happen to stop by the Martini Bar I'd love to know who is working there.

Cheers & Happy Sailing!

Sailing away from St. Thomas in the rain. Thought I'd share some observations.

Food in Luminae has been very good. Hours are a bit tight though. We were turned away from breakfast arriving at 9:30 when they are supposed to be closing. I'd read here that you could arrive at closing and be seated, not so. I've seen many people turned away at lunch for being a few minutes past. No brunch for us on sea days as someone complained on here a while back and killed that for all of us.

Observation lounge is the only indoor place to get a drink and watch sail away or sail in or see the ocean at all. It is closed from 5-7 every night. EVERY NIGHT!! This is huge for us. We usually sail Regent and last sailed Silverseas, and both (though ships are small and passenger counts about 1/10 of the Reflection) have an option, or two, for being inside and looking at the ocean. We've had a lot of rain and today was really hot. So I want to be inside and see the sea. Modern luxury requires it!

The music on board has been very good. LAX is the house band and they are good and the DJ is great. There are also some other groups and all are quite good.

AC works great. Our sky suite is large and quiet though we are under the pool deck.

Thanks so much for the update! So glad to hear about the music as the board has been quite negative about it.

Hope you're having. Great cruise besides the couple of hiccups you mentioned and sure hope the rain clears up for you! We love the sunset bar for sail away (but of course not if its raining). Happy cruising!

I have to post an update. Sorry to say that after several more days of LAX playing in different venues around the ship, I've changed my mind. They don't qualify as good anymore. Same set every day. And a few of those songs they really shouldn't play. Really bad covers. REALLY bad. But there is a male guitarist who is fabulous and a duo that are also quite good.

Thanks so much for posting. We are on the Dec. 5th sailing and just wondering about whether or not the molecular has been fully converted to the World Class bar now, as well, what is the entertainment throughout the ship (not so much those in the theatre, as we tend not to go to those), such as any quartets, trios, duos, etc throughout the bars/venues.

Thanks so much and have a fabulous cruise@

Molecular Bar is still in place.

Hope you're having a great time! Enjoy dinner tonight....we have yet to do a Top Chef cruise but they sound like fun. Thanks for the update on the Molecular bar. We will be jumping on board on the 28th. If you happen to stop by the Martini Bar I'd love to know who is working there.

Cheers & Happy Sailing!

We were on this cruise last week and saw in the Martini Bar... Florin, Christopher, Joe, and one other I can't remember - sorry! Very busy most of the time!