Diamond drink voucher question

Mango Mike

My wife and I have never used the vouchers that are pre-loaded onto our Sea Pass cards. We usually head up to the Diamond Lounge and enjoy a drink or three there before dinner.

We are going on a cruise in a year with another couple who have never cruised before (ugh, a whole year). Obviously they won't be allowed in the Diamond Lounge so the missus and I will want to be sociable and enjoy our drinks with them in the Viking Crown or some other venue before dinner.

Since we've never used the voucher system, we're not familiar with how it works. I know we're only allowed the 3 drinks during the set hours (5:00 - 8:00 or whatever) and I'm pretty sure, we're only allowed to have the same drinks as what's served in the Diamond Lounge. Please correct me on these 2 items if I'm wrong.

My main question is, if we're in the Viking Crown or the Schooner Bar and we order a drink (my wife and I - the other couple are on their own), do they automatically know it is "no charge" or do I need to tell them?

... My main question is, if we're in the Viking Crown or the Schooner Bar and we order a drink (my wife and I - the other couple are on their own), do they automatically know it is "no charge" or do I need to tell them?

They would usually know a drink is "no charge". However, I still mention to them when ordering that I want to use one of my free drink vouchers. It helps avoid confusion if you order something that the particular bartender does not think is included as part of the free Diamond drinks.

Your onboard card will have your C&A status on it so if you order a Diamond menu drink at an allowed location outside the Diamond Lounge they know that the first three during the set period is complementary. In fact since we tip in cash once the server knows you in a location like the Viking Crown or Schooner Bar they don't bother having us sign a no cost invoice. I'm not certain they always even ring it up for all of our free drinks.

I know once or twice we lost track of how many drinks we had ordered on one of our cards as they would put both of our drinks on one of our cards and I'm certain one had used to order more than three during a certain set period. Also quite a few times they didn't even ask for our onboard card.

Thanks for the replies.

You even answered my next question regarding tips. Although they give you a receipt to sign and add a tip, I think I'll still give cash instead. More personal and I know they get 100% of it.

That's exactly the way we feel also and its easy to get small denomination bills at the service deck. :D