Freedom Promenade Connecting Cabin - Noise/Arrangement?

We are considering booking a promenade cabin for the first time on Freedom in May. The only non-connecting cabins are on Deck 6. I'm worried about noise from the Promenade on 6. The only cabins available on 7 or 8 are connecting. Are connecting Promenade cabins noisier? Is the furniture arranged differently, making the cabin seem smaller? We want the Promenade rather than an inside for the extra space, but I'm concerned about the noise and the arrangement.

Can anyone help?

We had a connecting on our last cruise and cannot recommend it. It was a balcony and we were upgraded for free...so I won't complain. I simply wouldn't recommend booking it. The other stateroom never deliberately tried to be loud but every movement and conversation could be heard. This was on Indy, so a similar ship.

if you do not need a connecting room do NOT get one. you lose furniture/wall space and there can be noise issues through the door.

Promenade rooms are actually no noisier than any normal cabin. outside of say maybe one of the parties or a music event neither of which last very long I doubt there will be any significant inconvenience.

if you do not need a connecting room do NOT get one. you lose furniture/wall space and there can be noise issues through the door.

Promenade rooms are actually no noisier than any normal cabin. outside of say maybe one of the parties or a music event neither of which last very long I doubt there will be any significant inconvenience.

Thanks for the advice. I booked a non-connecting cabin on Deck 6.

I am currently in a promenade cabin on deck 6. I am directly above guest relations and thought for sure it would be quiet...not! The noise from Bolero's on deck 4 can be heard from my cabin until late. Good thing I brought earplugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I booked a non-connecting cabin on Deck 6.

I agree this is the best choice. However, keep checking for availability of non-connecting cabins on deck 7. Some people are likely to upgrade, and some may cancel close to final payment due date. You should be able to switch at no cost if a higher level non-connecting room comes available. We had 4 PR cabins on past cruises and loved the experience (always deck 7), especially considering the price. :)