Summit - bag of Laundry?

maxpower7979

Anyone recently on the Summit that knows if there is a "stuff a bag of laundry" special available (wash and fold)? If so, what day? Cost? Turn around time?

Hoping to pack light and being able to have a few casual items (tshirts, tanks, shorts etc) washed part way through will really help. Not interested in washing stuff in the sink on vacation!

It will only be our second Celebrity cruise, so I don't think our status gets us any coupons.

TIA!

We were just on a Millennium 14 day cruise so don't know if is the same but they had a " laundry bag special" around the 10th night which was $45.00. We thought this was high but we are elite so we received 2 free bags. We also noticed that the bags are not as heavy as they previously were so you may not be able to stuff as much laundry in as before.

I bring a little roll of scotch tape just for that laundry special. We are E+ so get a couple freebies. We carefully stuff as much as possible in the paper bag to the point where only tape will close it... You can get a few extra items in it that way...

I bring a little roll of scotch tape just for that laundry special. We are E+ so get a couple freebies. We carefully stuff as much as possible in the paper bag to the point where only tape will close it... You can get a few extra items in it that way...

Do the coupons still say "not valid on last 3 days of cruise" (I think it was 3 anyway??)

I never fully understood what that exactly meant.

If on 7 day cruise leaving Sunday, (and if it is three days) does that mean Thursday is last day for coupon, or is it Wednesday?? (I don't know if the last day is considered Sunday even though it is only partial??)

Just and FYI. The Elite & E+ coupons have a limit on the # of items, normally 30 but in some places 20: they DO NOT have to fit in 1 bag. We frequently have 2 bags in Oder to hold our 30 items.

Cannot speak to Summit but just got off Equinox 2 weeks ago. They offered the $45 special toward the end of both our cruises (we did a B2B).

We used the laundry service 4 times. Just to be sure all was returned to us with nothing missing I kept a list of what was sent out. Out of curiosity, I tallied up what the cost would have been had we not had, in our case, the $20 coupon. It varied between $110-$145 per bag! Quite steep considering the only other option for cruises of any length is handwashing.

Do any Elite members know what the various Laundry coupons are? I remember there was dry cleaning for 1 garment, pressing of 1 garment, and 30 items washed, dryed, folded? Am I correct with those quantities? It's been almost 3 years since my last sailing, lol. Thanks!

We used the laundry service 4 times. Just to be sure all was returned to us with nothing missing I kept a list of what was sent out.

I don't keep a list but just pull the top page of the laundry form (the white page which under "distribution" at the page bottom indicates that it is for the passenger.

Do any Elite members know what the various Laundry coupons are? I remember there was dry cleaning for 1 garment, pressing of 1 garment, and 30 items washed, dryed, folded? Am I correct with those quantities? It's been almost 3 years since my last sailing, lol. Thanks!

We are Elite Plus, but my recollection is that you are correct.

Ok, just checked the Celebrity website (don't know how accurate that is), but here's what they say Elite Members get:

Complimentary pressing of 2 garments

Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 item

One complimentary bag of laundry per sailing

Hello,

My husband and I were just on the summit on a B2B that left on Oct.31st. I too remember from cruises past that they used to have these laundry specials. I was waiting for the as we didn't want to do laundry while we were starting the second leg of our cruise. Unfortunately there was no special. We did however receive 10% off on our laundry from the Captin Club coupons. I hope this helps =)