No X-Boarding Pass to Present Experience?

heidik

I generally print the boarding pass right from my account and usually do it when I'm packing and getting everything together. For this particular cruise leaving 11/20, I had completed the online check-in a couple weeks ago, had gone to print out my boarding pass this morning and it says "online check-in closed" because it is 3 days before the sail date. So.........long story short, has anyone had the experience of getting on board without this document in hand already? Am I still able to "check in manually" in person when I go to board? Probably not a big deal, but have never shown up to board "unprepared" like this.... :o

P.S. I had called the Celebrity Concierge earlier today, she could not get into my docs either and said the system was down and to try later, but I'm still not able to get into check-in.

I generally print the boarding pass right from my account and usually do it when I'm packing and getting everything together. For this particular cruise leaving 11/20, I had completed the online check-in a couple weeks ago, had gone to print out my boarding pass this morning and it says "online check-in closed" because it is 3 days before the sail date. So.........long story short, has anyone had the experience of getting on board without this document in hand already? Am I still able to "check in manually" in person when I go to board? Probably not a big deal, but have never shown up to board "unprepared" like this.... :o

P.S. I had called the Celebrity Concierge earlier today, she could not get into my docs either and said the system was down and to try later, but I'm still not able to get into check-in.

No probably. It is not a big deal.

This is on celebrities website right now

Please excuse us...

We are currently upgrading our online check-in process. As a result you may experience some technical difficulties over the next 48 hours. Check back in with us then. We apologize in advance, but please know that we are happy to assist you at the pier when you arrive.

Thank you, we appreciate your patience as we update our site.

Take a copy on your phone as back up

I gave up on printing the Xpress pass about a year ago. It's not required. Think of it, many passengers don't have access to printers, or leave theirs at home, or spill grape jelly on it at breakfast, they all get on the ship. Don't fret over it. Bring your passport and credit card and you'll be fine.

Take a copy on your phone as back up

Thanks but I can't get into my documents at all online to show anything.

I printed out the front page of the "ticket booklet" which appears to be "proof" that I paid, etc.....and I received my luggage tags in the mail.....I'm not going to stress over it. Just gonna apologize now to anyone who may end up in line behind me when at the boarding desk -- sorry!

all you need at the pier are your travel documents (e.g. passport) and a credit card if you are using that for your SeaPass account.

It only takes 3 extra minutes to check-in without the express pass.

This is from personal experience.

Edited by Nachosdelux

We've had problems for weeks, and saw the "...undergoing maintenance, try again in 48 hours..." message just a couple of hours ago. However....just tried again and it's working!!!! Was able to access and print the pages I wanted of our Cruise Contract. Hurry, before it goes down again!