Elemis good or bad?

prettyblue2

Do you like the Elemis shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided in the shower? I am packing now for my cruise next Saturday, and wondering if I need to bring my own products. Thanks.

Well everyone will have a different reaction, most find them perfectly acceptable.

Do you like the Elemis shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided in the shower? I am packing now for my cruise next Saturday, and wondering if I need to bring my own products. Thanks.

IMO the Elemis products are fine.. We're leaving in two days & have decided not to take my own Body Wash, or shampoo.. But will take my own spray hair conditioner..

I have too much other "junk" to take, which I'm trying to reduce..LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

I love the smell but they can be drying. I ended up looking in Italy for some Aveeno last year. My skin was very dry. I think the elemis products are ok for the humidity of the Caribbean, but not moist enough for the northern climates.

My DW loves the Elemis stuff.

I use it, but am not a discriminating consumer of such products. At home i use the lowest cost combination shampoo / body wash I can find! I love it if it is on sale! As far as the Elemis in the cabin...If it's free, it's me!

The best Elemis product - in my opinion - is the round hand soap. I ask for a second one to use in the shower instead of the body wash. It is very moisturizing.

I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Depends on what you like.

If you are easy to please, you will find them no better or worse than products you'd find in a good hotel bathroom. They are definitely a step up than what you might find supplied in a Marriott or Hilton.

But everone has different preferences. I'm not easy to please with beauty products and I do like them. I'm very picky on hair conditioner. I have thick unruly color-treated hair, and for me the conditioner isn't thick enough. But I also think if you were to ask any generic question here, for example "what does everyone think of Pantene shampoo", you'll get 10 different versions of opinions...so same here.

If you're picky, and having the wrong products would cause you problems...like me....if I dont have the right conditioner my hair would be a big frizzy mess...then I'd bring my own stuff. If you are usually ok with what you get in a nice hotel, then you can save the packing space and use the Elemis.

I am not picky about the products I use. I did have a small bottle of my own conditioner (travel size)and switched it up every once in a while as I did find their conditioner to be drying on color treated hair. The lotion was a little runny for my tastes but I used it since I really didn't want to mess with taking a bunch of heavy products(39 days). I found them to be fine and worth using rather than packing my own.

Depends on what you like.

If you are easy to please, you will find them no better or worse than products you'd find in a good hotel bathroom. They are definitely a step up than what you might find supplied in a Marriott or Hilton.

But everone has different preferences. I'm not easy to please with beauty products and I do like them. I'm very picky on hair conditioner. I have thick unruly color-treated hair, and for me the conditioner isn't thick enough. But I also think if you were to ask any generic question here, for example "what does everyone think of Pantene shampoo", you'll get 10 different versions of opinions...so same here.

If you're picky, and having the wrong products would cause you problems...like me....if I dont have the right conditioner my hair would be a big frizzy mess...then I'd bring my own stuff. If you are usually ok with what you get in a nice hotel, then you can save the packing space and use the Elemis.

Conditioner is the one thing I always take. For short trips, I'll use hotel shampoo and maybe the soap, especially if it's a chain I know or their website says what they use. For longer trips, I take it all--shampoo, conditioner, body wash. DH just uses whatever is there.

Body chemistry and skin condition vary so much from person to person, and even for the same person throughout their life, that it's impossible to say whether the Elemis products will be good for you.

I find the shampoo a little drying, even with the soft water on the ship, but a lot of conditioner seems to overcome that. I don't care for them at home, especially in the winter.

The shampoo is great for washing out my thermal coffee mug, though. And I use it when washing my pantyhose.

I don't like body wash, but find the bar soap lovely.

The lotion is great after showering in that soft water. I also like it at home (harder water) in the hot/humid seasons, but need something more intense at home in the winter.

I suggest you have your own products with you. Try the Elemis products a time or two, and see how it goes. If you like the Elemis, use them. If not, you have your own things to fall back on---and will know for next time.

If you have skin sensitivities, you may want to bring your own, even if just travel sizes so you have a back-up in case you have a reaction to it. A friend of ours had quite a reaction the first morning when he took a shower and now travels with his own toiletries. I have had no problems with the soap and shampoo/conditioner does not apply to me ;). My DH has no problem with the hair products.

My 2 cents: I have to bring my own. My family though love it. I have very sensitive skin and our first cruise had me scratching my skin off until I remembered on day 4 that I had some cortisone crème. That helped a lot. So now I never use the shower gel and bring my own bar soap from home. I use the shampoo every 4 or 5 showers but most of the time I use stuff I bring from home.

Hope that helps with the packing.

Conditioner is the one thing I always take. For short trips, I'll use hotel shampoo and maybe the soap, especially if it's a chain I know or their website says what they use. For longer trips, I take it all--shampoo, conditioner, body wash. DH just uses whatever is there.

I do exactly the same. I can get by with an unfamiliar shampoo for a day or two, but not with conditioner.

I travel frequently for business, and the one product that has changed the way I pack is solid shampoo bars and conditioners from a company called Lush. They make a solid disc of shampoo and condtioner, which qualifies for the airlines as a solid, so there's not need to pack a 3 oz bottle, or put it in the Zilpoc. Carry-on sizes are always a hassle for me between all the hair products, face stuff, and makeup. Using the Lush bars and freeing up my Ziploc for other things has made the difference on many trips between having to check luggage or not. The bars are more expensive, but I'm a big fan of the scents and convenience.

Some people like the Elemis products and some don't.

We first tried it in 2005 when we were on the Zuiderdam. DH takes many medications and within a couple of days he broke out in a rash. The Conditioner dried out my hair -- it looked like straw and I don't even dye my hair -- it is a mixture of grey, white and brown. Thankfully the ship still had some Royal Dutch products left and our cabin steward brought them to us. His rash cleared up right away.

From that time on I have brought all our own shampoos, soaps, conditioners, etc.

How will you like it? Hard to predict.

Wow, thank you all for your input! You helped me decide to bring my conditioner and a travel size shampoo. I will also bring a bar of bath soap just in case the body wash irritates me. And I will remember to bring some benadryl and cortisone cream too.

Smart decision, IMHO :) I love the Elemis shampoo and soap enough that I used to buy them to use at home. DH loves the body lotion. But we still bring along small amounts of products from home, just in case one of us develops an allergic reaction.

Some people like the Elemis products and some don't.

Thankfully the ship still had some Royal Dutch products left and our cabin steward brought them to us. His rash cleared up right away.

From that time on I have brought all our own shampoos, soaps, conditioners, etc.

How will you like it? Hard to predict.

A blast from the past, I forgot all about the Royal Dutch products. I used to work with a lady who loved them. I would always bring her back a few of the lotions. She was a frequent HAL cruiser, too, and I remember how upset she was about losing that Royal Dutch lotion!