Cabin steward to empty mini fridge

cruiseonly

I like that suggestion too, but I doubt it will ever happen. For one thing, Celebrity doesn't make any money from the beds being separate or together; they DO make money when someone takes something from the minibar (inadvertently or through temptation or laziness or maybe the kids raid the fridge before someone can stop them...) Most people don't know that having it emptied is an option; if you give them a choice beforehand, a lot more cruisers will take that option, resulting in more work for the cabin crew...and yes, less income from the minibar items :D

Oh darn, why can't a decision be made to make the customer happy instead of for profit. :( Plus I wonder how much revenue they make off of those mini bar selections for sale? :rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time a cabin steward actually came by to introduce himself right after we arrived! It's been years. Usually I have something I need to send out to be pressed, or I need a corkscrew or ice or something, and I can't find him. We usually meet him/her in the evening right before dinner, when they start their evening shift.

Of course, we don't hang around after dumping our stuff in the room either. I make a quick check for the steward, then I just leave the pressing in the laundry bag on the bed and a note asking for ice. Then it's off to start our vacation! :D

Our procedure is usually to go to cabin when announcement for them being ready is made, drop off our carry on bag and unpack before muster if time permits. In past years the stewards always came by to introduce themselves then. I type up a note before leaving for our cruise with our requests for ice, glasses, etc. and give it to the steward when we meet along with a tip.

However, last year on the Equinox the steward didn't come by then. We went to muster and left the note on the bed for him to see. When we returned after sailaway the ice was there and he came to see us.

In years past we had some really great stewards who chatted with us a bit when we saw them in the hallway, etc. Nice. I think this has changed on our last few cruises. It seems we just got a "hello" back from the steward and hardly ever see them. Perhaps they now have bigger workloads and can't take time to chat?

Probably the only thing we're picky about is keeping the ice bucket filled....This didn't happen all the time on our recent cruises either. Had to call several times for it.

By the way, we always get a verandah.