?'s about onbard activities

I've heard about Quest, Love & Marriage game, and another game that's similar to Family Feud. We will be sailing on Explorer 7-day western route in November.

Does anyone know if they will be playing all of those on this trip? Also, how do they determine who "plays" and who watches? Does anyone that wants to play get a chance? If not, does getting there early help your chances?

Thanks for any help!

We were on the Radiance last week and they played the Love and Marriage game and the Quest. The Love & Marriage game was divided into 3 groups, newlyweds- married less than a year, those married at least 40 years, and those married from 1-40 years. Any couple who wants to play, is assigned a number and if your number gets pulled out of a hat, you get to play. They do this for each group.

Anyone can play the Quest, but you have to be in a group of 4, 5 or 6 containing both males and females. Getting there early doesn't make a difference. I don't know about the other game, I guess we missed it. From what I hear, these games are pretty much standard on RC ships.

Actually, all of these games should be avoided unless you like making a fool out of yourself in public.....:D

I totally agree - yet some guys love running around wearing bras and lipstick - hmm, I wonder why?

The Quest, Love & Marriage, and I'm not familiar with the Family Feud game, but they have all kind of trivia, and name that tune games.

I was on the Mariner in October 05. My husband and I, along with friends, participated in the Quest and we were chosen to participate on the Love and Marriage game. For both, we just raised our hands, and got chosen. My husband was the Quest captain. We had a literal ball.

We were a bit late (I like to get there about 15 minutes before they start for premium seating, we got there about 3 minutes before) getting to the Love & Marriage Game, but, we got chosen.

Thanks for your responses. I was hoping it wasn't a "early bird gets the worm" thing. I'd rather not sit around for 30 min or more waiting for an activity to start. That will take out of all the other fun we're having! :D

The "Family Feud"-y thing is the Battle of the Sexes. It's guys vs gals. Everybody in the lounge is basically participating. My daughter was chosen "Captain" because she was, er, enthusiastic. (She jumped up and down and screamed) Women won, of course. :D

For those who don't wish to make a "fool" of themselves -- The rest of us won't miss you at these parties.:p

For those of you who want to partake in the fun activities you have already paid for as part of your long anticipated and wonderful cruise vacation -- Come join the rest of us "fools" -- We'd love to have you!!

The Quest & Newlywed Game made our family laugh together:D and forget our cares for a little while -- what more could you ask??

Lori

Archived