Specialty dining reservations

karen_g

Can specialty restaurants be booked before embarkation? If so, how far in advance can they be booked? My cruise is not till June of 2016, but I can't see anything on the Princess website or on the "cruise personalizer" about this topic. Thanks for any info.

Edited by karen_g

Yes, I have good luck calling the Dine Line on the first afternoon.

I read the Princess Patter while holding. They always answer in a few minutes.

This has worked well on the Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Ruby, Sapphire, Star, and Sun.

Bon Appetit!!!

On our ten day cruise 10/27-11/3 Regal Princess we called the Dining Line when we boarded and made reservations for the entire cruise....one night Sabatini's, two nights Crown Grill, one night Crab Shack and one night Fondue. We always received a reservation reminder card the evening before or morning of our Dinner.....a very organized system. It was a wonderful cruise....

Don't forget, you can call the dine line from any phone on the ship. If you look around, you will see them everywhere. I have used ones in HC, in halls, etc. for that purpose. A family member is shopping or booking a spa treatment or whatever, I pick up a nearby phone and make a reservation.

Can specialty restaurants be booked before embarkation? If so, how far in advance can they be booked? My cruise is not till June of 2016, but I can't see anything on the Princess website or on the "cruise personalizer" about this topic. Thanks for any info.

No you can't but do it as soon as you board.

Don't forget, you can call the dine line from any phone on the ship. If you look around, you will see them everywhere. I have used ones in HC, in halls, etc. for that purpose.

That works only if you know the extension to call. Although there is a button for it on your cabin phone, there is no such button on the public phones.

On some ships the number is DINE, but on a number of ships it is a different number.

That works only if you know the extension to call. Although there is a button for it on your cabin phone, there is no such button on the public phones.

On some ships the number is DINE, but on a number of ships it is a different number.

LOL, I never considered this problem. I glance at the number in the Patter in my room or find one at guest services and simply remember it. It is only four digits.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LOL, I never considered this problem. I glance at the number in the Patter in my room or find one at guest services and simply remember it. It is only four digits.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I always dial the number printed in the Patter rather than rely on the number programmed into the button on my stateroom telephone. The speed dial settings could be out of date or out of kilter from a previous guest playing around with the phone. (Admittedly a more common problem in hotels than on any ship, but always best to dial direct the first time).

Edited by fishywood