Soft-sided Coolers?

mergele

Getting ready to sail on the Gem in 3 weeks (yay!!) and starting to think about packing. This is the first cruise that DH and I have done in a few years and it's a couple of days longer than our past cruises.

We have a soft-sided (collapsible) cooler that holds about 24 cans. We've filled it with soda and taken as checked baggage in the past with no issues and then had our steward keep it full of ice for the duration. For this trip we were thinking about bringing one a bit larger, but in my internet travels I've just discovered that NCL appears to have a flat 'no coolers' policy. Is that aimed at traditional hard-sided ones, or is this something that's been put in place in the last few years?

We're sailing out of NYC and I'd really like to hear about recent experiences with coolers, if any. TIA.

We traveled with our soft-side collapsible rolling cooler on the Jewel a few years back. We kept our water in it on the balcony and had no issues getting it on board. They just don't want the pool deck to look like spring break in Daytona.

I know for a fact that you can take a rolling cooler and check it to be delivered to your cabin. For at least 5 cruises out of several different ports we have taken a rolling hard-sided cooler either empty (and just had cokes kept in the boxes) or with cokes but no ice in them.

The steward has always kept the cooler filled with ice as I like my beverages {{cold}} and the fridge doesn't cut it.;)

Edited by cruiseat50