Visa requirements for Middle East

We are uk citizens travelling on splendour of the seas on 14 dec on their cruise from dubai (uae) which includes ports in oman and then the ship returns to abu dhabi (uae) and dubai. We fly in/ out of dubai.

Rcl have just sent us an email indicating that some nationalities require a multi entry visa for the UAE and that you will be denied boarding if you dont have one.

We thought our 30 day tourist visa collected on arrival at dubai airport was sufficient.

Has any other brit done this cruise nd do you know the visa regulations please?

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

Not a Brit and have no clue what the Visa regulations are...allow me to suggest that you will get the best and most up-to-date answer by contacting your Embassy or government officials. Visa requirements constantly change, and with the state of the world today it would seem to be most important to get the information straight from the source rather than from a message board.

You don't want to find yourself at the port waiting to embark and be denied, because the statement "But they told me on Cruise Critic I was fine..." won't fly.

Found this hope it helps we dis-embarked in Dubai recently no visa required.

Citizens of the UK (with right of abode in the UK) will be granted a free of charge visit visa on arrival in the UAE. No application in advance of travel is necessary. Please note that your passport will be stamped for 30 days upon arrival. If further stay is required an application for an extension should be made to the local General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs three days prior to the expiry date (chargeable services).

Please note that holders of British Overseas Citizens Passport who do not have the right of abode in the UK do need visas to enter the UAE.

All visitors should have a valid return travel ticket and a passport valid for a minimum period of six months for tourism and employment.

Resident visas and work permits are issued by the relevant authorities in the UAE after an application from a prospective employer.

We are uk citizens travelling on splendour of the seas on 14 dec on their cruise from dubai (uae) which includes ports in oman and then the ship returns to abu dhabi (uae) and dubai. We fly in/ out of dubai.

Rcl have just sent us an email indicating that some nationalities require a multi entry visa for the UAE and that you will be denied boarding if you dont have one.

We thought our 30 day tourist visa collected on arrival at dubai airport was sufficient.

Has any other brit done this cruise nd do you know the visa regulations please?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates/entry-requirements

Brits just get a stamp in your passport on arrival in DXB.

However, Oman is not in the UAE. The last time RCI did this itinerary a few years ago with an overnight in Oman, they issued a visa on board for $15pp.

It appears visas are still required for Oman according to FCO. I am very surprised (or not...)that RCI have not sent out information regarding this port and any possible charges.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/oman/entry-requirements

I am on the later January sailing so look forward to hearing what actually happens in Oman!

Edited by little britain

• 2 weeks later...

.....excuse the pun.....

we are dong the same cruise a week later (21st dec) & have also had the email from Royal Caribbean....have contacted 'visa central' & have been told by 2 different people that 1) Royal caribbean will organise it & 2) you need to buy a multiple entry visa...3)they also said that RCCL will organise the visa for Oman... I am now more confused & a little concerned, not sure who or what to believe.:confused:

I have found 2 articles on a website http://www.uaeinteract.com that there is a new multiple entry visa for cruise passengers (effective Aug 2014) that costs US$50. on same website under their Visa & Immigration section, there is a section titled Multiple-Entry Visas; which says that these are issued to visitors on board cruise ships.... 'The visitor must enter the country on a Visit Visa & obtain the Multiple-Entry Visa while in the country'.

I have emailed RCCL & have been told that they do not have visa information, & to contact Visa Central - Why don't they have the information?? They are running the cruises after all.

would appreciate any help/advice from anyone who has been on this cruise in the last year........

I can't guarantee this information if anything goes awry but........I spoke to the Uae Embassy in London and they advised that British Citizens are covered by the visa they put in your passport upon arrival in Dubai. I explained we were leaving UAE to go to Oman and then returning to UAE and he told me there is no problem.

With regard to Oman I have been advised by a reputable travel agent (not ours sadly who are useless and who we will never use again!) that the ship organise everything. I think they charge $15 to your onboard account which does tie in with the 5 Omani Rials a visitors visa to Oman costs (both worth roughly £10).

This is the best I can tell anyone and please don't rely on the info if you you are not sure.

I will report back for certain when we return - if we return and don't get detained for incorrect paperwork!

As you say why do the Cruise Line not publicise the info, they must know!

Thanks Cocktail Girl.....

Rang RCCL yesterday & asked why they don't have visa info & was told that it can be 'iffy' :rolleyes: BUT he did say that if you go on any excursions organised & taken with them they will ensure that all paperwork is done before you set off - although he wasn't specific about a set cruise...

With all the info that I have & you have supplied (we also tried ringing embassy yesterday) I think I am happy that we should be ok.

Have great cruise...:D

We are on Splendour in February and, considering there is an overnight stop in Muscat (Oman) it is quite unbelievable that RCI claim that they do not 'know' the visa information.

I note there is no mention of Oman in the email you received from RCI.

Considering you also have an overnight stop in Muscat you would expect them to mention that you would be required to pay for a visa onboard if, as little britain suggested, the cruise line issues a visa for Oman and charges it to your onboard account.

Surely, they 'should' know that!

Edited by icsys

We are on Splendour in February and, considering there is an overnight stop in Muscat (Oman) it is quite unbelievable that RCI claim that they do not 'know' the visa information.

I note there is no mention of Oman in the email you received from RCI.

Considering you also have an overnight stop in Muscat you would expect them to mention that you would be required to pay for a visa onboard if, as little britain suggested, the cruise line issues a visa for Oman and charges it to your onboard account.

Surely, they 'should' know that!

Totally agree. I am fully expecting the $15pp charge on board. :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who go before us to tell us exactly what does happen!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed last week. As British citizens this is what happened.

Passport stamped on arrival in Dubai - no visa required.

When boarding Splendour of the Seas the ship kept our passports until after Oman.

When we collected them back we had been stamped out of UAE in Dubai.

We had stamps for a 48hr visitors visa in and out of Oman. You are given a pink credit card sized tourist card by the ship when you leave it in Oman which they collect back in when you reboard.

No charge was added to our onboard account for the visa so they must have factored it in to the original cost of the cruise.

We had a slight delay leaving Dubai airport, I think it was because we had so many entry and exit stamps and because the second time we entered the UAE in Abu Dhabi and left from Dubai. However, after 10 mins or so and a trip to the immigration kiosk they stamped our passports and let us home - thankfully! :). I cant tell you what the problem was because when we asked they said ' no problem'.

Hope this helps and clearly I cant account for any future changes, this was our experience on 14 Dec 2015 sailing.

We sailed last week. As British citizens this is what happened.

Passport stamped on arrival in Dubai - no visa required.

When boarding Splendour of the Seas the ship kept our passports until after Oman.

When we collected them back we had been stamped out of UAE in Dubai.

We had stamps for a 48hr visitors visa in and out of Oman. You are given a pink credit card sized tourist card by the ship when you leave it in Oman which they collect back in when you reboard.

No charge was added to our onboard account for the visa so they must have factored it in to the original cost of the cruise.

We had a slight delay leaving Dubai airport, I think it was because we had so many entry and exit stamps and because the second time we entered the UAE in Abu Dhabi and left from Dubai. However, after 10 mins or so and a trip to the immigration kiosk they stamped our passports and let us home - thankfully! :). I cant tell you what the problem was because when we asked they said ' no problem'.

Hope this helps and clearly I cant account for any future changes, this was our experience on 14 Dec 2015 sailing.

Thanks for the info.

Quick question what time was your flight out of Dubai and what time where you able to start disembarkation.

Thanks for the info.

Quick question what time was your flight out of Dubai and what time where you able to start disembarkation.

Our flight was 3am on the Monday morning so we left the ship at midnight. There were lots of people leaving Sunday evening you just have to take your luggage with you.