Rental car return

USNE8RET

Will be visiting NOLA a couple of days early before embarking Elation for repositioning cruise. Will be arriving via rental car from Jacksonville Fl. Looking for a hotel close to port that might have a car rental office on property or close by in order to return rental. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked at one way rates and availability with various companies? That, Would be my priority over a hotel nearby. You may also be limited with some rentals, needing to be returned to the airport.

I've done several car rentals in New Orleans, no problem with getting to any of them, I'm a walker and very easy. When I've used the airport, for pick up/drop off, I just use the Jefferson Airport bus.

I most frequently find Enterprise on Canal, to have lowest rates, in my case.

• 7 months later...

So would the Hertz rental at convention center be walkable to port? Or how about Avis & Budget on Poydras St. They both appear close on the map. Never been to NOLA and am going on the Triumph in February. Taking a car rental in 1 way and need to return before boarding. I would also be walking with 4 children ages 12-17...any thoughts?

So would the Hertz rental at convention center be walkable to port? Or how about Avis & Budget on Poydras St. They both appear close on the map. Never been to NOLA and am going on the Triumph in February. Taking a car rental in 1 way and need to return before boarding. I would also be walking with 4 children ages 12-17...any thoughts?

Hertz is actually in the Fulton Parking Garage building. You could could probably get away with sneaking around the corner, act like you just parked there, and hop on their shuttle.

As for walking, I think you'd have to walk around the convention center which is pretty darn big. I think you'd be better off walking back towards the riverwalk mall, going in there and walking the way people walk from Hilton Riverside.

Now that I look at it...it looks like Avis is in Hilton Riverside and Budget is in the Riverwalk Mall. I'd use one of those and then just walk through the riverwalk mall.

Edited by Saint Greg