What are some tips for the Miracle?

Pugster4

My wife and I leave on the Mexican riveria in a few weeks and I was just looking for some cool tips and extra things we should know about the Miracle. Like what's all free to use at the spa and other little perks throughout the ship , little things not to miss out on, where trivia and stuff is, and if shows are offered multiple times and on the port days. Also, what time is the taste bar usually and stuff like that. Oh and I forgot, so if I'm right there is sea day brunch for breakfast and lunch on Sea days but on port days they still have breakfast and lunch in the MDR? Is that correct? Thanks for all the help!

My wife and I leave on the Mexican riveria in a few weeks and I was just looking for some cool tips and extra things we should know about the Miracle. Like what's all free to use at the spa and other little perks throughout the ship , little things not to miss out on, where trivia and stuff is, and if shows are offered multiple times and on the port days. Also, what time is the taste bar usually and stuff like that. Oh and I forgot, so if I'm right there is sea day brunch for breakfast and lunch on Sea days but on port days they still have breakfast and lunch in the MDR? Is that correct? Thanks for all the help!

You have to find Gatsby's Garden. It's quite possibly the most beautiful area on the whole ship.

Just off the Miracle last week. Trivia is in The fountainhead lounge, deck 2. The shows are staggered so both dinner seating can see the show. Taste bar was open 3 nights, I think 5:30 to 8:30. Try The new style pizza, we really enjoyed it. While our cruise was ok, we were not impressed with the Miracle.

1. SPORTS BAR has freshly baked soft pretzels with hot melted cheese for $1.50 each. A GREAT snack and not bad eats while watching sports or to just grab one for the pool or whatever.

Also.. a large bag of MOODY's PEANUTS in the shell for $1.50 also.

Bartender is an awesomely friendly guy.

2. Ditto Gatsby's Gardems, enjoy reading, relaxing and card playing while there

3. No meed to wait in line for shows, we always saw lots of seats for all shows.

Some of the sightlines may be compromised if you do not arrive in a timely fashion, but no need to waste time on line to get in.

4. Ask for your pizza the way you like it. They are custom made, if you want more sauce, cheese, pepperoni, whatever combo you want, just ask. I always left a buck to the pizza maker.

5. If you drink Coffee, the best deal is the coffee mug and free refill after 6 purchases deal. The head coffee barrista is a super friendly guy. Get the mug here cheaper than in the gift shop, too.

We enjoyed our trip. Whats not to enjoy, a week free of cooking, cleaning...our idea of a vacation.

That makes sense. I was going to be surprised that they would do that but thought I read that somewhere. Thanks

Lunch might be served if it's a late call to port. Ensenada on the HI itin or Victoria on the Alaska itin.

Thanks for all the help. Really like to enjoy everything I can when I go on vacation. Hate to miss out on anything. Thanks for letting me know where trivia, we enjoy trivia. We like shows too and want to make sure we can see all the ones we want. Good to know they have a couple of times to see it

4. Ask for your pizza the way you like it. They are custom made, if you want more sauce, cheese, pepperoni, whatever combo you want, just ask. I always left a buck to the pizza maker.

If you want a custom pizza, then you have to take the whole pizza. If you don't customize it, then you can just ask for 1 or 2 slices.

I second the Red Frog Pub Quiz suggestion! We went most nights and it was a blast.

I must be in the minority in that I didn't think Gatsby's Garden was very nice. True, it's quiet and a good spot to get away from the crowd, but it's a fake garden. Then again, Carnival decor is not my thing, so I don't think there were any areas of the ship I thought were beautiful. We spent a lot of time in The Fountainhead Cafe as well, just because it was a good spot for reading, etc. in between trivia sessions.

When you board if you are 1st to Red Frog you get a free beer and a big production is made of it. Your picture goes on the wall. This is the one on deck 2 forward, not on Lido.

The shrimp salad from room service is delicious! Order 2, ask for bread on the side (they usually put the shrimp salad on the bread) and the potato salad. Chips are usually stale.

You can use the very big hot tub in the Spa area for no charge. Usually no one in there or very few.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Red Frog Pub is a great atmosphere. Ask fur Frog Balls they are free abd love them.

Alchemy bar is also a fun place to hang at night for a good drink.

Not sure what the deal is with Gatsby's? Quiet but that is all. Three sailings on the Miracle and wife just saw it last cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I second the Red Frog Pub Quiz suggestion! We went most nights and it was a blast.

I must be in the minority in that I didn't think Gatsby's Garden was very nice. True, it's quiet and a good spot to get away from the crowd, but it's a fake garden. Then again, Carnival decor is not my thing, so I don't think there were any areas of the ship I thought were beautiful. We spent a lot of time in The Fountainhead Cafe as well, just because it was a good spot for reading, etc. in between trivia sessions.

Gatsbys Garden looks like a 70s Vegas wedding chapel.

I was on the Miracle last week, and one thing that surprised me was how late the boarding got started. There were still people coming out of the terminal from the previous week's cruise at 11:30 AM. Wedding guests boarded around 11:45 AM and Priority Boarding didn't start until close to Noon.

In cruises that start in Miami, I have often arrived at the terminal at 10:30 and been on the ship around 11 AM. But there is absolutely no need to arrive at the terminal that early in Long Beach, at least not under the current circumstances.

At the end of our cruise, when we disembarked in Long Beach, I could see what the problem was. It's not a Carnival problem, it's a US Customs Service problem. For 2000+ disembarking passengers, they only had THREE customs service inspectors checking passports and customs forms. That was the least number of customs agents I had ever seen working a cruise ship disembarkation. So, because of that bottleneck, the Carnival staff had to very slowly trickle the passengers off the ship. Otherwise, they just would have piled up in a huge line at customs.

So, don't arrive early in Long Beach! It's a slow, late embarkation. And if you're flying in and out, don't make reservations for an early flight like you can in Miami.

I'll be posting a full review of my cruise this weekend... including lots of photos, a few videos, and scans of many documents including the Fun Times.

Just got off the ship Saturday and they no longer have lunch on sea days. Only brunch. The Maitre'd said they only have lunch on 14 day cruises now.

Oh good grief!:mad: I am so not looking forward to being on this ship! As I understand it, the food on the ship sucks and they do not have any of the 2.0 alternatives. I do not do buffets so my plan was to have lunch in the MDR on sea days!

Edited by MsMot

Oh good grief!:mad: I am so not looking forward to being on this ship! As I understand it, the food on the ship sucks and they do not have any of the 2.0 alternatives. I do not do buffets so my plan was to have lunch in the MDR on sea days!

If you don't do the buffet do the brunch on sea days for lunch. I love the Miracle and can't say I've had a bad meal, some better then others. If you are already not looking forward to being on the Miracle your mind is jaded already and experience says you will find every little thing wrong and complain about it. Not singling you out just stating human nature as a whole.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JLee thanks. I will have to try some frog balls. I'm always willing to try something new.

Spaniel lover thanks for the info and I will definitely be reading your review! I'm always looking for things to read waiting for the cruise. I'm excited and can't wait. I'm not going to let anything like late boarding or anything ruin my cruise. Just excited to have a week at sea and all the food I can eat! I'm not a picky eater and usually love the food on the ship. Yep, even the buffet :)