HAL's Antarctic itinerary

barante

I deal exclusively with Internet agencies so I am not sure what the rules are nowadays on price drops. And in booking I never asked any of the agencies. (It used to be some OBC credits in some cases).

Are there any general rules?

I deal exclusively with Internet agencies so I am not sure what the rules are nowadays on price drops. And in booking I never asked any of the agencies. (It used to be some OBC credits in some cases).

Are there any general rules?

You can refare up until final payment.

If there are any HAL promos, you might lose them.

After final payment, some posters have reported getting some consideration. Seems to be the higher category you book the more likely you would get some relief.

However, HAL being HAL, things change.

We are really considering this cruise, but in January 2017. At the moment, the prices are more expensive than January 2016. Do you think we should wait for a while to book and see if the prices come down?

Another thing, I know nobody can predict what weather conditions will be like, but has there ever been times in the past when the ship can't make Antarctica?

The last time to Antarctica, due to weather, we skipped Ushuaia and headed across the Drake a day early to try to avoid the weather that was on its' way! Hey, it gave us an extra day there! :)

Having done Antarctica three times, and round the Horn once, we've never had the waters/weather be really severe. And, we've also never missed the Falklands which is sometimes always an issue.

We can only hope for the same on our upcoming trip!

Just wait till you see the glaciers in the Antarctic!!!! The comparison is amazing.

If you are lucky, the weather will allow for Lemaire Channel which is the top draw, along with Newmeyer.

Drake passage can be fine, or NOT! You don't need a storm to get bouncy there, but we have had at most 12 foot seas that provides a bit of movement - not a big deal!

You, too, have a SUPER Christmas cruise!!

Thank you!!

Only three more weeks 😁

Because of rough seas we did not Book for 2014. but then we decided to book cause we saw so many great pictures!

We will celebrate New years eve at Antarctica- something really Special for us!

Greets from cold Germany

Janine

Thank you!!

Only three more weeks ��

Because of rough seas we did not Book for 2014. but then we decided to book cause we saw so many great pictures!

We will celebrate New years eve at Antarctica- something really Special for us!

Greets from cold Germany

Janine

Oh, I wish I were on this cruise!!

One of our Antarctic cruises found us in Hope Bay for Christmas Day. Just indescribable!! With Champagne glasses of eggnog, out on deck watching hundreds of penguins breaching like dolphins - an astounding experience!

Die besten Wunsche fur ein wunderbare Weihnachten und Neujarh.

Sie werden eine fantastische Kreuzfahrt haben!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Oh, I wish I were on this cruise!!

One of our Antarctic cruises found us in Hope Bay for Christmas Day. Just indescribable!! With Champagne glasses of eggnog, out on deck watching hundreds of penguins breaching like dolphins - an astounding experience!

Die besten Wunsche fur ein wunderbare Weihnachten und Neujarh.

Sie werden eine fantastische Kreuzfahrt haben!!

Oh thank you so much 🍀🍀🍀

The last time to Antarctica, due to weather, we skipped Ushuaia and headed across the Drake a day early to try to avoid the weather that was on its' way! Hey, it gave us an extra day there! :)

Having done Antarctica three times, and round the Horn once, we've never had the waters/weather be really severe. And, we've also never missed the Falklands which is sometimes always an issue.

We can only hope for the same on our upcoming trip!

Thanks for your feedback! An extra day cruising around Antarctica? Now that would be nice!

Thanks for your feedback! An extra day cruising around Antarctica? Now that would be nice!

We also got an extra day. We were "blown out" at Ush. We had white caps+ on the bay as we anchored. The wind was so strong that I got pushed (slid) back by a gust on the top (wet) deck. But the pay off was the extra day of the "main event".

So missing Ush just means I have unfinished business and just have to return.:D