Entertainment on Serenade

Taiters91

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the entertainment on RCI but most specifically, Serenade of the seas.

What are the shows like? I see they do some West End (Which I love), how frequent are these and what kind of thing?

Also, in the cinema, how regularly do films play and are they first run from American blockbusters?

Thank you :)

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the entertainment on RCI but most specifically, Serenade of the seas.

What are the shows like? I see they do some West End (Which I love), how frequent are these and what kind of thing?

Also, in the cinema, how regularly do films play and are they first run from American blockbusters?

Thank you :)

They will typically have two production shows per 7 day cruise, with singers, dancers, and a live orchestra. These shows are the same cruise to cruise for years and years.

There will also be "headliners" that change often, such as comedians, magicians, singers, tribute acts, jugglers, etc.

Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis classes will also have an ice skating show.

Lastly, they will have a Love & Marriage show, very similar to the old tv show called the Newlywed Game.

We were on the Serenade Nov. 13-23. There were 2 production shows, the first one Vibeology was excellent, we did not enjoy the 2nd show as much, though the singers are very good. They had a comedian, ventriloquist, Las Vegas Tenors......all good. One night there was a couple who did balancing/singing, we were falling asleep as it was far too slow moving so we left. One night was the love and marriage show..we always enjoy this and had good laughs!

I did not find the movies to big blockbusters. Rather boring most times and they only showed them on the pool side screen at 7:30 pm so by 10 there was nothing on which was too bad as the pool and hot tubs were open still.

I did save all the compasses if anyone wants any info.

We were on the Serenade...

I did not find the movies to big blockbusters. Rather boring most times and they only showed them on the pool side screen at 7:30 pm so by 10 there was nothing on which was too bad as the pool and hot tubs were open still.

I did save all the compasses if anyone wants any info.

When I did the transatlantic, the Seremade showed movies in the dedicated cinema behind the English Pub on Deck 6. I didn't go in, because none of the movies interested me or I'd already seen them.

We were on the Serenade in November. [did a B2B on her last spring]

The entertainment was OK--but, I did not think it was special. There were 2 production shows, pianist in Schooner Bar, duo from Jamaica in Centrum with a talented female lead singer[they were very good]. There was a trio that played dance music in the Centrum. We danced there several times. They were very good. We had late dinner seating and seemed to catch a couple of their songs and then they would have a break. YMMV

The Love and Marriage game was very poor. the questions were the same, but the contestants made for a poor show. [they simply would not come up with an answer --not the ship's fault] But, still felt it was a waste of time to attend.

Most entertainment ended by 11. Carly B was the CD. I think she will only be onboard for a few more weeks. I like her style--very dry British humor.

Films were shown in the Cinema each day, usually in the afternoon. I noticed that twice they showed the film on a sea day in the theater. They had viewing on the big screen in the late afternoon and evening. These were family films. I remember seeing part of "Happy Feet" 2 times while we visited the pool. DH attended "Southpaw" in the Cinema. He arrived 15-20 minutes early for the show and got one of the last seats. [arrive early]

I have seen Vibeology Many times on various ships and the other show [can't remember the name] was tired. We did not have a late night comedy show. [DH missed this--he is a comedy fan.]

I thought the costumes looked old and were not very flattering to the singers. [i.e. one of the male lead singers had black duck tape holding his shoe together. Three of the costumes on the lead female singer were the least flattering I have seen. This was a topic of conversation at dinner. When was the last time you ever heard of the production show costumes being a topic at dinner? ]

I attended the behind the scenes entertainment tour. [That was conducted by the lead dancer/singer] Someone asked about how bad the costumes looked. She said they were old and she hoped they would be replaced soon--usually every 5 yrs. but, that they have a professional come on from time to time to refurbish them and it was time for that soon.

The first aerial show was canceled. [actually they did the songs and dance that are part of the show on the centrum floor--but, no aerial act] They said the sea was too rough. I did not think it was rough at all--but, safety first. The "Jack and the beanstalk show" was the last night. It was well done. We have seen it twice before and the centrum was very crowed [get your spot early] so we did not stay very long.

We enjoyed our cruise and I am sure you will, too. Have fun!!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas