First time on Sensation - have a couple of questions

OhJinkies

I'll be sailing on the Carnival Sensation in early February. According to the website, it appears that there are no hairdryers in the staterooms. Is that correct? If there are hairdryers, please let me know if they are the ones with the long hot air tubes that get really hot (like on the Victory) so I can bring my own!

I also enjoy finding a spot to sit on the deck that is shaded - it doesn't need to be near the pool. I often enjoy sitting on the deck beneath the lifeboats but it looks like this ship has very little deck space. Do you have any locations to suggest where I could sit outside but out of the sun (I have an inside stateroom)?

Also, it looks like the Sensation is still using the old menus -- has anyone heard when they'll be transitioning to the American Table menus?

Finally, if you've cruised within the last few months, do you have any tips or recommendations as far as entertainment, "hidden" places to explore on the ship, yummy things to eat and drink, etc?

Thank you!!

Just bring your hairdryer....even if they have them...your's will be better.'

Wander about and look for shade..it varies, depending where the sun is, in relation to the ship's position!

There are no "must do's"...it's up to YOU what's important!

As far as shady spots on deck, I'd check out the serenity area at the aft of deck 9. While some parts will be in the sun, there's an overhang from the deck above that keeps the back part of Serenity shaded most of the time. There are also big umbrellas over some lounge chairs that provide shade. This is the perfect place to just watch the ship's wake as you sail.

Just bring your hairdryer....even if they have them...your's will be better.'

Wander about and look for shade..it varies, depending where the sun is, in relation to the ship's position!

There are no "must do's"...it's up to YOU what's important!

Thanks, cb!

As far as shady spots on deck, I'd check out the serenity area at the aft of deck 9. While some parts will be in the sun, there's an overhang from the deck above that keeps the back part of Serenity shaded most of the time. There are also big umbrellas over some lounge chairs that provide shade. This is the perfect place to just watch the ship's wake as you sail.

Thanks, jpm -- I saw a photo of the Serenity area -- I'll have to check it out!

If you like music I suggest the piano bar - hubby and i loved it while we were there just to warn you though at 11 pm it gets naughty music in there

It's never to busy and you can request songs to be played there were times my hubby and i were the only ones in there so he just played everything we asked

If you like music I suggest the piano bar - hubby and i loved it while we were there just to warn you though at 11 pm it gets naughty music in there

It's never to busy and you can request songs to be played there were times my hubby and i were the only ones in there so he just played everything we asked

Thanks -- I'll check it out. I had the late dinner seating on my last cruise and it generally dragged out past 10 PM - made it difficult to enjoy much of the evening entertainment! So I got the early seating this time.

Thanks -- I'll check it out. I had the late dinner seating on my last cruise and it generally dragged out past 10 PM - made it difficult to enjoy much of the evening entertainment! So I got the early seating this time.

That is great the piano bar is right next door to for dinner its the bar with the big silver hands you can't miss it

• 1 month later...
I'll be sailing on the Carnival Sensation in early February. According to the website, it appears that there are no hairdryers in the staterooms. Is that correct? If there are hairdryers, please let me know if they are the ones with the long hot air tubes that get really hot (like on the Victory) so I can bring my own!

I also enjoy finding a spot to sit on the deck that is shaded - it doesn't need to be near the pool. I often enjoy sitting on the deck beneath the lifeboats but it looks like this ship has very little deck space. Do you have any locations to suggest where I could sit outside but out of the sun (I have an inside stateroom)?

Also, it looks like the Sensation is still using the old menus -- has anyone heard when they'll be transitioning to the American Table menus?

Finally, if you've cruised within the last few months, do you have any tips or recommendations as far as entertainment, "hidden" places to explore on the ship, yummy things to eat and drink, etc?

Thank you!!

Hi there! We just got back from a cruise on the Sensation. There are no hair dryers in the room. When you bring yours, you can only use it at the desk (the plug in the bathroom won't be compatible). The Carnival website stated there were mini fridges in the room but there are not.

As far as the shade, this is very, very hard to come by. I am of the age where I realize sun worshipping is not a good thing, and have no desire to bake in the sun. I was really hoping a cruise ship would have at least a few areas with lounge chairs and umbrellas for those who do not want to bake. However, they do not. All of the chairs are out in the direct sun. The ONLY way we found shade was to go by the whale tail (I don't know what the actual name of it is) but on the very top deck (11, I believe) depending on where the sun is you can get some shade from the whale tail. That's it. We really disappointed in this as we wanted to be able to relax in some shaded chairs under an umbrella with a drink by the water but couldn't.

Hi there! We just got back from a cruise on the Sensation. There are no hair dryers in the room. When you bring yours, you can only use it at the desk (the plug in the bathroom won't be compatible). The Carnival website stated there were mini fridges in the room but there are not.

As far as the shade, this is very, very hard to come by. I am of the age where I realize sun worshipping is not a good thing, and have no desire to bake in the sun. I was really hoping a cruise ship would have at least a few areas with lounge chairs and umbrellas for those who do not want to bake. However, they do not. All of the chairs are out in the direct sun. The ONLY way we found shade was to go by the whale tail (I don't know what the actual name of it is) but on the very top deck (11, I believe) depending on where the sun is you can get some shade from the whale tail. That's it. We really disappointed in this as we wanted to be able to relax in some shaded chairs under an umbrella with a drink by the water but couldn't.

Thanks cruzeworthy. Most ships have a promenade deck under the lifeboats with some seating and shade but I couldn't find this on the deck plans... how disappointing!

Since you just got off the ship, do you have any other tips or advice?

Thanks again!