Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

First princess transfer just left. I think we will make our flight! On a related note we were very lucky to be in the right spot to get down to deck 4 from deck 7 by stairs that others could not navigate and the elevator got jammed. The only group that went before us were those stuck on deck 7 gangway that had to turnaround and come back on the ship after being subjected to the wind. I witnessed an extremely rude distressed passenger trying to insist they let her onto deck 7 gangway. She was by far the worst I've seen and a crew member had to physically hold her back!

We are sailing in 2 weeks and didn't purchase Princess transfers. Are there plenty of taxis at the port when you get off the ship like there is in Florida? Our flight coming home is at 1pm. This is our first time sailing from Houston.

We are sailing in 2 weeks and didn't purchase Princess transfers. Are there plenty of taxis at the port when you get off the ship like there is in Florida? Our flight coming home is at 1pm. This is our first time sailing from Houston.

Which airport? And how many people? Yes, there are lots of taxis there BUT IAH (Bush) is 45-60 minutes away and a taxi can easily cost $100. Hobby is much closer at about 20 minutes. For 2 people going to IAH, the Princess transfers are a bargain. Another alternative that is likely less costly than a taxi is a private shuttle service.

Princess transfers are $24 per person each way regardless of airport. They do sort the buses by airline so you don't drive all over the place when you arrive at IAH.

Someone else will have to answer the taxi question as I didn't notice them. Too busy looking for the transfer bus and trying to get out of the weather. We did almost find out about taxis because if the transfer had waited much longer to leave we would have jumped off to get a taxi. Our flight is also at 1pm. Also I should clarify my post above it was the first transfer to leave since they stopped disembarking. I don't know when they normally leave on a smooth day.

You can purchase transfers once you're on the ship. The cost to IAH is $24 pp. There are not as many taxis as you would see in FLL.

We were on the 11/22 cruise that was a day late, our family all had to fly home the next day. It was expensive to change the flights but it's covered by the Princess insurance which you better add if you're sailing out of Houston. We stayed on for the 11/29 cruise and although we had a wonderful time we would NEVER sail out of Houston again and happy to hear that Princes is leaving. Airport was a nightmare and the port not much better.

Which airport? And how many people? Yes' date=' there are lots of taxis there BUT IAH (Bush) is 45-60 minutes away and a taxi can easily cost $100. Hobby is much closer at about 20 minutes. For 2 people going to IAH, the Princess transfers are a bargain. Another alternative that is likely less costly than a taxi is a private shuttle service.

Princess transfers are $24 per person each way regardless of airport. They do sort the buses by airline so you don't drive all over the place when you arrive at IAH.[/quote']

Cheaper yes but we sat for 20 to 25 precious minutes and finally left at 10am which was right on time because that was my deadline for ditching the transfer and grabbing a taxi. Just something to consider.

I know it can't happen but it would have been nice to know in advance and not have to go through all the bag stuff. eh :)

We always have 2 days worth of clothes and toiletries in our carry on. There would be no need to go into our bags if this happens. Learned this years ago when luggage was lost and got it at the first port. airline lost it not the cruise line.

Cheaper yes but we sat for 20 to 25 precious minutes and finally left at 10am which was right on time because that was my deadline for ditching the transfer and grabbing a taxi. Just something to consider.

We are flying out of Hobby. I think we will purchase the transfers and like you we will grab a taxi if there are problems. I didn't know the problems with this port when I booked this cruise (my fault) but I'm being positive and hoping for the best.

We are flying out of Hobby. I think we will purchase the transfers and like you we will grab a taxi if there are problems. I didn't know the problems with this port when I booked this cruise (my fault) but I'm being positive and hoping for the best.

Being positive is a good thing! No worries...we are getting all the bad stuff out of the way. Lol. Yes purchase the transfers and get off as early as possible. I don't think they'll stop you if you try to get off a little earlier than scheduled. We were in group red 2 meeting at 820 am in explorers lounge area which is good because it is near both deck 7 and deck 4 gangways.

I don't see why I should have to pay Princess more to have them honor our travel plans when we showed up on time in the right place. I understand insurance for issues where I can't honor the contract, but as the paying customer I expect Princess to go the extra mile here. You already know they are getting pretty insurance payouts for themselves having to not pay port fees when scheduled etc.

How are they saving paying port fees. They still have to dock and pay the fees. This is costing Princess money. Why are you paying Princess more? Should have the insurance and costs will be refunded. also you will get 1 days fare back from Princess and maybe OBC of some kind. Which if they do give some OBC it is not required as the weather is not their fault. The same with the airlines.

We're finally in the car on the way home. I would say they were about half way through disembarkation when we got off (we were in the priority lounge waiting). It is REALLY nasty out. I look like a drowned rat from waiting under an awning while my husband got the car. The wind is just awful...they are using two big tugs to keep the ship at the pier. If you're boarding today, my advice is go get some lunch and relax a while until the terminal clears out.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in the terminal now boarding today, arrived at port at 11 am, 15 minutes to drop off and park, no line at security, but 1 hour slow line at check in, now in seating waiting to board, currently boarding special needs, already boarded elite and preferred.. About half the seats are empty, but check in is backed up to security, don't know how much security is backed up.

Have fun! Boarding seemed to go very quickly once it began. Yes, special needs takes a few extra minutes, but after that it is one boarding group right after the next and just keeps flowing.

Check in...for the 11/19 cruise, they handed out copies of the medical form in advance so it would be completed before people arrived at the desk. We were asked to have all of our documents out and ready before we arrived at the front of the line. Small steps, but every 2 minute delay can make a difference when magnified by the number of families checking in. Hopefully all the computer stations are working and have a clerk present.

You can purchase transfers once you're on the ship. The cost to IAH is $24 pp. There are not as many taxis as you would see in FLL.

We were on the 11/22 cruise that was a day late, our family all had to fly home the next day. It was expensive to change the flights but it's covered by the Princess insurance which you better add if you're sailing out of Houston. We stayed on for the 11/29 cruise and although we had a wonderful time we would NEVER sail out of Houston again and happy to hear that Princes is leaving. Airport was a nightmare and the port not much better.

Which airport was a nightmare? And what happened that you would describe it as a nightmare?

We fly out of both Houston airports all the time and have never experienced any problems. In fact, we find both airports easy to navigate and besides, they have great food (Pappas bros restaurants) compared to many other airports.

Nightmare airports - for us that would be Miami, Atlanta or Philadelphia. But, I would never put Bush or Hobby in that category.

I use to fly every week through either HOU or mostly IAH and never had a problem. One just needs to be aware there are four terminals that now United uses and how to move between them. They are all built together except B. I flew through IAH in October and did not have a problem.

We drive to Bayport as it is a very easy drive over limited access highways. We have gone out of Bayport every season that Princess has been there including the very first time a Princess ship (CB btw) sailed out of there. If they came back next season, we would sign up again. We are going to be sad to see them leave. With two CCL ships and an RCCL ship in Galveston all the time, Princess had trouble filling the ship. Princess was in Galveston last decade for awhile and then left for the same reason. CCL has a tight lock on that port.

Which airport was a nightmare? And what happened that you would describe it as a nightmare?

We fly out of both Houston airports all the time and have never experienced any problems.

When I was on Emerald, we were delayed by fog.

Because of this, many many people

missed their flights and needed changes.

I was among the first few people to walk off the ship, and

that was after 11:00.

I jumped in a cab, and went to hobby. I was flying out on

southwest, and I already had a later flight scheduled.

By 1:30, there were about 400 people lined up at the

Southwest counter. Many of these looked to be my fellow

passengers hoping to change their flights.

I don't really understand 'never experienced any problems'.

Every airport has delays. Hobby was closed due to fog

on the morning my cruise left.

Edited by pablo222

• 4 weeks later...
CB is not in port this morning due to high winds. Due to dock about noon.

B

Thanks! I was wondering where she was. I have a friend cruising on the ship today and I was watching the webcam.

CB is not in port this morning due to high winds. Due to dock about noon.

B

This time last week, my wife and I were already sitting at Hobby eating breakfast. We were off the ship with our luggage with the first group of walk-off guests, easily passed thru Customs and riding in a minivan taxi.

I feel sorry for this current cruise.